I've been hacked and now I can't log back in to change password

GameWise
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I think I've just been hacked. I got an email saying I've added a [removed] to my account (which I didn't do), and also enable 2 factor authentication (which I didn't do). 

Further, now I can't seem to login with my paypal email to change my password 😞

Any advice on what I should do next? Thanks so much for your wisdom!

Gil

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @GameWise and @sonnyh,

Thank you for your posts.

I am so sorry to hear what has happened. I know this must be concerning. To get this sorted, I would suggest you contact our Customer Support as soon as possible. 

They can assist you with re-securing your account, and reporting any unauthorized activity. To contact us, simply click here. Alternatively, you can contact us via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPal or Twitter @AskPayPal.

I hope this helps!

- Rachel 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sonnyh
New Community Member

Sorry, I got hacked and called the number before I read the warning about no calling any number on the screen.  I was able to change my password before being locked out of acccount.  I can get on Paypal with phone but not computer.  I know this didn't help but am looking and if I find anything else I will post.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @GameWise and @sonnyh,

Thank you for your posts.

I am so sorry to hear what has happened. I know this must be concerning. To get this sorted, I would suggest you contact our Customer Support as soon as possible. 

They can assist you with re-securing your account, and reporting any unauthorized activity. To contact us, simply click here. Alternatively, you can contact us via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPal or Twitter @AskPayPal.

I hope this helps!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

GameWise
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks Rachel
Login to Me Too

Temp20230121za
New Community Member

thank you

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.