I think i got scammed

astoraboy
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, so i bought somehing i think i got scammed. So i was looking at something i was interested in and when i tryd to pay with paypal it send me to the paypal webseit like usual but it asked of me toput my e-mail and my credit infomation in and when i finished the payment it did`t show me on pay pal but it showed me on my bank account that i bought something. So i want to ask did i get scammed?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@astoraboy 

Did you pay as a guest buyer ie via a card without logging in to your account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@astoraboy 

Did you pay as a guest buyer ie via a card without logging in to your account?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

astoraboy
Contributor
Contributor

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@astoraboy 

You don't have Paypal buyer protection cover as a guest buyer but you can contact customer services and they may be able to assist you by reaching out to the seller for you.
So If you need help for a guest buyer transaction then you can;

1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will help you.
OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Joyce106
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased a pair of sandals. Cost me $66.14. I got tracking number. They went to White Horse in September 4 th. And never got anymore tracking information after that. I have tried to get my money back . It is now winter and don't need them or want them at this point. Im so **bleep** off.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dian

Hey @Joyce106

Thanks for asking your question in our community and welcome.

I am sorry to hear that you haven't received the item that you ordered. If you used a payment for goods you can file a dispute with us. You have 180 days to do this.  During a dispute you can try to find a solution with the seller. IF you can't find a solution or of the seller doesn't reply, you can upgrade the dispute to a claim. In a claim we will ask the seller to show that the item has been delivered. You can file a claim through the 'Resolution centre'. You can select 'report a problem and follow the steps to open a claim. We might be able to protect you under our buyer protection. 

I hope this information helps. 

Dian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.