I received money but it didn't get added to my balance

dwkomr
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone,
I have received a payment and received an email to claim it, I claimed it but my balance didn't show it nor the transactions history
My email and phone number are confirmed, what could be the reason for not having the money in my balance?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Did you click a link in the email and log in from that?  Or did you go directly to www.paypal.com and see a transaction there to be claimed?

If you got an email with info about this, but you don't see any trace of it in your activity log, then I would suggest you change your password right away because it sounds like you may have filled out a phishing form, and could have sent your password to a bad actor.

Any time you get a payment of any kind, whether it needs to be claimed, it's pending, completed, or whatever, you will see it in your account activity log.  You should never trust emails, and never click links in emails to login from.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

dwkomr
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Angell, I would've suspected this if the email was fault but after finding my balance still 0 I checked the claim email again and it was from PayPal email without any typos. Is it possible to receive a phishing email from this address?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dwkomr 

Read this link as you are in one of the affected countries.
https://www.paypal.com/al/webapps/mpp/ua/recpymt-full?locale.x=en_AL

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.