I provided the service but still lost the case

theblog101
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Dear PayPal community,

I am a Web Developer & Owner. I run this website theblog101.com I haven't opened my PayPal account for almost 3 to 4 days, and recently when I opened it, I was Shocked that my PayPal balance was -$58.91 which I left on $5 4 days ago... So, when I investigated it, comes out that there was a case on me from 2 of my client regarding the paid posts they have made on my website.

Let me tell you the entire account and please bear with me so not a single doubt should exist,

On 23 May I finalized the deal with two of my clients that I will post their paid posts for $25 on my site theblog101.com. Then they sent me the post and I posted it and they paid me for it instantly. Things were going well just like other deals.

On 26 June my website was undergoing some maintenance as my maintenance staff was working on the site design. And while the maintenance due to some mismanagement of my staff some posts were deleted, including paid posts, and I sware it was not intentional. Still, I was uninformed.

The next day, one of the other clients contacted me and told me that their post was not showing, so I republished their post with a huge apology. 2 days went I thought this was the one and only paid post deleted and marked this accident as resolved.

But yesterday, when I opened my PayPal account for some reason, I was shocked that my balance was gone in negatives. So, after investigating it I found that there were 2 more paid posts that deleted on that day, and they both, without even asking me about it, put an entire case on me at the PayPal Resolution Center on 26 June. And as I told you that I didn't open my account for 4 days, the PayPal favored them and paid them from my balance, which is right as I was not active on the internet but the clients didn't even inform me about this.

Now, I have republished their paid post with the same URL in the same way they said. And wanted to reverse this refund they have made because PayPal had also put a dispute fee of $8.48 * 2 = 16.98. 

In total, this cost me $66.96 and now my account is in debt of -$58.91.

I have also attached the cases' screenshot:

Paypal case 2.PNGPaypal case 1.PNG

If you need any other details then ask me in reply I will give you...

Thanks in advance,

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Sean

Hello @theblog101, thank you for posting,

We're sorry to hear your case has been closed. When your case has been closed. An email is sent to you with the reason as to why the case has been closed. You can also view this in the Resolution Centre in your account. 

Here’s how to appeal the decision:

- Click Resolution Centre.
- Click View next to your case, then click Appeal.

You must appeal the decision within 10 days after we decide your case. We may contact you to ask for more information.

You can find the Resolution Centre in the Tools/More section of your PayPal account. 

If an issue persists, for safety and security, please contact our customer support team via Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/PayPal/, Twitter - @AskPayPal, chat or phone.

I hope this helps,

- Sean

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.