I'm not getting any help

D10Chair
Contributor
Contributor

I'm at my wit's end here. I've called support several times but they give me the run-around, promising to get back to me and never do. I don't know what else to do so maybe the community can help...

I am the chair of a political organization and we need to fundraise. I wanted to host an online silent auction and the website uses PayPal to process debit and credit payments. I used my official chair email to create a business account, I included my EIN documentation with it. 

Within 30 minutes (27 to be exact, according to the timestamps) I was hit with a permanent limitation. After going in circles at the resolution center, I called the help desk. I just want to know why the limitation was placed, and what mistake I may have made, so I can make sure my candidates don't make the same mistake if they chose to use PayPal for fundraising as well.

To make a long story short, the help desk couldn't give me answers. Just... "Yep, you have a limitation." I've called a total of 4 times. I've been passed around to different people and supervisors. Every time I call, someone says they will get back to me within X number of minutes and they never do. It was suggested I email the 'back office,' which I did several times and only got an automated response. The last person I spoke to suggested using a personal account instead. A personal account... for campaign fundraising?! We need to report contributions to the state, that's why we make separate accounts. Personal accounts are a big no-no!

I'm not asking to get the limitation removed, I just want answers. Why was the limitation placed and how was that determination made within 30 minutes of creating the account? I never made or accepted any payments. I need to know what the issue is so I can let my candidates know what to do, or if they need to avoid using PayPal altogether. Please, any insight or suggestions are appreciated. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@D10Chair 

I can’t believe customer services suggested opening another account because you are not allowed to after getting permanently limited.

File a complaint with bbb.org under PayPal San Jose, CA and explain what happened and request another account review & explanation and to consider reinstating your account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@D10Chair 

I can’t believe customer services suggested opening another account because you are not allowed to after getting permanently limited.

File a complaint with bbb.org under PayPal San Jose, CA and explain what happened and request another account review & explanation and to consider reinstating your account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.