I'm not allowed to use PayPal anymore?!

RoboSlop
Contributor
Contributor

I signed into my PayPal account and it said I had to verify some information. I sent in a picture of my photo ID and a copy of my most recent bank statement as requested. Soon after I got an email back saying that after reviewing my account information I was not allowed to use PayPal anymore. Now my account is a husk and I can't do anything. Any idea what that is about? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DMJohnston1
Contributor
Contributor

This has been a real problem as of late - it's happened to me, after PayPal more or less accused me of being a hacker and breaching my own account. Unfortunately, PayPal isn't going to do much for you and customer service is a joke. If you haven't already, file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau - this tends to be the only way to get a response. After that, I'd recommend filing an additional complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau - use the category "Money transfer, virtual currency, or money service > Mobile or digital wallet." But don't expect to ever get an explanation beyond the boilerplate nonsense you've probably seen already.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RoboSlop 

PayPal does review accounts regularly, and any concerns with security, violations of the User Agreement or Acceptable Use Agreement, compliance obligations, etc., could lead to a permanent restriction. Additional information beyond what would have been provided to you in a notification and/or email would not be available due also to security concerns and due to such information being proprietary.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Botanist3
Contributor
Contributor
Can also be put as.....PayPal do whatever they want and don't have to justify themself to you. They can just send you automated messages with no relevance to your case, like “see FAQs”.....“go to resolution centre” (where it diverts you to FAQs).....or “contact us” (where it diverts you to FAQs).....“your email is important to us, please login to see response” (where it diverts you to FAQs). They really are useless at providing any real information about your specific case once they've clicked the button to excommunicate you.
Login to Me Too
Solved

DMJohnston1
Contributor
Contributor

This has been a real problem as of late - it's happened to me, after PayPal more or less accused me of being a hacker and breaching my own account. Unfortunately, PayPal isn't going to do much for you and customer service is a joke. If you haven't already, file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau - this tends to be the only way to get a response. After that, I'd recommend filing an additional complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau - use the category "Money transfer, virtual currency, or money service > Mobile or digital wallet." But don't expect to ever get an explanation beyond the boilerplate nonsense you've probably seen already.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DMJohnston1 

Why would paypal close accounts for 0 reason??

That would be counter productive as they make their money by you opening a paypal account and using it.

They want as many account holders as possible so are not going to ban them for no reason.

So I suggest you go read the user agreement or acceptable use policy to see why you were banned.

You would have been the one at fault, otherwise you would still have an account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

RoboSlop
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass Obviously they do, don’t be stupid. I rarely sign into this account to begin. The last transaction on my account was from January 2020! And it was from my mom! The only time I use this account is to send/receive money from family. Is that not allowed? Is that in your terms and conditions? Idiot
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RoboSlop 

I don't have any terms and conditions, you really aren't very good at reading are you, this is a community forum and not customer services.

Personally I think it would be 'stupid' for paypal to ban accounts for 0 reason thus throwing away business and money, so they don't.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.