I have been charged £12 because someone randomly paid me.

aturing
Contributor
Contributor

I was offered a refund for some software I bought, about $400. I didn't ask for a refund it was randomly offered. The company paid me, then in less than 24 hours claimed to their bank that it had been unauthorised. And became a dispute. But I wasn't disputing anything - now I'm £24 worse off because PP found in favour of the people who sent the money - it's the most bizarre thing I think I have ever seen. Imagine If you had a business like mine and you took payments through PayPal like I do. And you had literally thousands of PayPal emails. Then decided to send each one of them $1 to their PayPal accounts and then claim that they were all unauthorised. That could make PayPal over $120,000 !!

Why am I paying for someone else's mistake?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Temp20230613
You can contact me Paypal and explain to them the problem and you will find a solution
Login to Me Too

aturing
Contributor
Contributor

Have you tried contacting support ? Virtually impossible.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @aturing and @Temp20230613,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum and thanks for posting!

I understand your concern about the outcome of the dispute towards the refunded transaction sent to your account. I know this can be concerning! No need to worry! I recommend you to contact PayPal Support to get this checked further. You can find the contact options of PayPal team in this Help Center article. 

Hope this information helps,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.