I have a problem with a fraudulent transaction w/ My.com B.V.

asderaenl
Contributor
Contributor

I just woke up to an email where it said that my account authorized a payment of $60.00 USD to My.com B.V., a service/product that I didn't use and is not planning on using ever. It said that I've made a transaction at around 2:00 AM, when I was sleeping. After I've seen the email, I immediately checked if it really gone through my PayPal account and the bank account where my debit card is attached to, and it seems like it really did. It deducted a total of $60.00 (PHP 3,556.19). So I immediately reported the incident as an Unauthorized access and after around 30 minutes received this notification that my case is closed:

Untitled.png

As a preventive measure, I immediately detached my debit card from my PayPal account. What should I do now? I really need that $60.00 back. I am a student and that's my allowance for the entire month. I've been using PayPal for almost a year now, and I didn't have any problems until today. Please help me resolve this. I just really want my money back. Thank You in advance for your help!

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

asderaenl
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal is yet to address my concerns as of the moment.

Login to Me Too

asderaenl
Contributor
Contributor

Update: PayPal already reached out to me through call. They've said that they are currently investigating the issue, and will update me in less than 10 days to verify the unauthorized transaction and will bring back my money after some verification. They've also said that if many customers are experiencing the same unauthorized activities through their account, they should reach out to PayPal immediately in order to resolve the root cause of the issues. 

Login to Me Too

tuning55555
Contributor
Contributor
2 days ago I have received 4 different transactions from My.com B.V. (80$ , 53$, 25$ , 20$) then I reported those transaction in a case on PayPal, and for sorry they said we didn't find any unauthorized transaction!!! and closed the Case, I want PayPal at least contact the seller and ask him what was my order contents and where is the proof that I have received any items or services from that seller, not to close the case and leave me lose 180$ at least, I tried to contact customer support but now answer for more than 50 messages, no phone calls can't reach to customer support, I am losing my money and I don't know what should I do, the hacker may repeat that again in my account, I am putting my business on hold and I am losing money every hour and paypal customer service don't respond.... disappointed!!

Please review this thread, many victums like me for the same hacker:

Login to Me Too

asderaenl
Contributor
Contributor
I'm sorry to hear that you experienced the same sir. As a precautionary steps, I think you should do some of the things that I did after this happened to me: 1. Change your password. 2. Disable all preapproved payments. 3. Disconnect linked/attached bank accounts and cards. 4. Message PayPal's customer support. I also reported them the incident through their report transaction dashboard, but my case was closed immediately. It took them almost a day to respond to my message on their customer support page. They called my personal number and they've said that they're reviewing the incident and will email me and send me back my money within the next 10 days if they've proven the transaction is unauthorized. But atm they're yet to email me or bring me back my money.
Login to Me Too

asderaenl
Contributor
Contributor
I've also seen many people that are having this problem sir, from the same site My.com B.V. It's very unfortunate that PayPal is not blacklisting them from their service, given the amount of reports that they've received regarding unauthorized transactions related to the said site. I think they should disable the capabilities of the said site to receive payments through PayPal, in order to protect us. But they are yet to make any actions or any preventive measures. Most of the people who've lost their money never got their money back (including me, because they're yet to email me or contact me again after they've called me) again. Given the scale of the problem, and given that many users are experiencing this, it's concerning that PayPal never took any big step in order to protect their users.
Login to Me Too

tuning55555
Contributor
Contributor
Dec-03-2022 10:28 AM

yesterday I have received 4 different transactions from My.com B.V. (80$ , 53$, 25$ , 20$) then I reported those transaction in a case on PayPal, and for sorry they said we didn't find any unauthorized transaction!!! and closed the Case, I want PayPal at least contact the seller and ask him what was my order contents and where is the proof that I have received any items or services from that seller, not to close the case and leave me lose 180$ at least, I tried to contact customer support but now answer for more than 50 messages, no phone calls can't reach to customer support, I am losing my money and I don't know what should I do, the hacker may repeat that again in my account, I am putting my business on hold and I am losing money every hour and paypal customer service don't respond.... disappointed!!

Please PayPal Tech support respond me!!!!

Login to Me Too

asderaenl
Contributor
Contributor
Update So PayPal did close my case this time. They did not give me a refund because they believe that the transaction is not under the PayPal customer protection policy which is BS. That's it, I am not using this platform again ever. They don't care about their customers and they don't protect their customers at all. I'm closing my account altogether without having my hard-earned money back. It's even sad that they did give me this decision on Christmas Day. This is insanity and unaccountability at it's finest. DON'T USE PAYPAL ANYMORE PEOPLE! PROTECT YOUR MONEY!!!
Login to Me Too

asderaenl
Contributor
Contributor

Update

PayPal re-opened my case and reclassified my complain as Item/Service Not Received. They're contacting the seller and if they do not respond I will get my money. So to all PayPal users who are experiencing the same problem, don't report your case under Unauthorized Transcations since it is most likely get closed quickly. I am yet to get my money as of the moment. If you have questions regarding the same problem, please comment here. I'll do what I can to help.

Login to Me Too

asderaenl
Contributor
Contributor
After a lengthy appeal to PayPal, they've now given me back a refund. They decided to turn the case in my favor as I've always insisted that I didn't authorised any payment to that site. I am yet to confirm if the refund has already get through my card/bank account, but I am very satisfied with the outcome of their investigation. But to be honest, after this incident I've decided to not use PayPal for a while. I've decided that I'll also not do any kind of online transactions in the future as well. Necessary steps to protect my money from any form of fraud or theft, until I am satisfied with their security.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.