I got scammed because of my stupidity and PayPal won't help me now, what should I do?

MyTrinh
New Community Member

Hi everyone, I got scammed by someone from Vietnam and Istupidly linked my Paypal account to a third party which is a Toreba account (with pre-approved auto payment available). The scammer then make the purchase on Toreba subscription on that account without my consent then they immediately changed email and password for that account (Toreba account email can easily be changed as long as they somehow got the password, no confirmation will be sent to the original email). I asked Paypal for help and they said that my purchases are not unauthorized so they do not refund.

I also contacted the merchant Toreba for help and currently waiting for their responses. The merchant is my only hope now. What should I do exactly when I got scammed because of my stupidity? It is just like I gave the scammer the key to my money, luckily, they can only purchase subscription and not other things.

Is there a way to fix this? I'm hopeless now. I just called the bank to block the credit card immediately.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.