I got scammed- and when I opened a dispute the scammer escalated - what do I do?

vsabbithi
Contributor
Contributor

I recently did a dumb thing and bought a PC component online - and everything seemed legit and working out ok.  I paid $2600 and then received a $5 water cooler! Wha the hell... I reached out the seller, he said his wife messed up at the postoffice and put the wrong label.  I was like ok, so i gave it a few more days, then the seller stopped call contact! So I put the dispute on Paypal, then the seller replied with a whole bunch of doctored images of text messages and put my name on them! and before I could reply with what I have he had escalated the case! 
What do I do next? I tried calling paypal but they keep putting me on hold, or the automated system just hangs up on me.  How do I provide proof? Who do I talk to? I am clearly being scammed... anyone have any suggestions or can someone from paypal help me please! 

If its a small amount I would not care and say lesson learned. but this is a big amount! and scammers need to be shut down! 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.