I got scammed and refund dispute ended in seller's favour

AzizLongstar
Contributor
Contributor

So today I got a notification from PayPal in regards to a refund dispute, which ended on the seller's favour somehow.

I started the dispute after I got a scam bloated package from the seller of items I didn't order and where of a lower quality. I provided all the details necessary including pictures of items received & ones supposedly to be received instead. But I lost !

The response notification from PayPal was "The case was closed in the seller’s favor as the seller provided a valid proof of delivery."

Also after reading the Buyer's protection I was without a doubt entitled for a full refund !

(It's not a gift, but for me personally)

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AzizLongstar 

If you filed non receipt then all the seller would have to do was provide tracking to show you received it and they would win.

Unfortunately its x1 dispute per transaction and you can't open a second one or re-open a closed dispute.

Your only options are contact customer services and explain you opened the incorrect dispute OR if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then see if your card issuer will chargeback for you.

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AzizLongstar 

Sounds as if you opened a dispute for non receipt of items rather than items received but not as described?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

AzizLongstar
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I did put on the option as not received because when I did so I was thinking it wasn't at all the item I ordered so I ticked "Items not received" rather than "Item not as described"

If that was the thing that caused my case loss, how can I reopen the dispute case with fixing that mistake if it was one in the first place ? 

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AzizLongstar 

If you filed non receipt then all the seller would have to do was provide tracking to show you received it and they would win.

Unfortunately its x1 dispute per transaction and you can't open a second one or re-open a closed dispute.

Your only options are contact customer services and explain you opened the incorrect dispute OR if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then see if your card issuer will chargeback for you.

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

AzizLongstar
Contributor
Contributor

Yup, I will make sure to contact customer support to help out, which I already did but no staff online.

If it didn't work I will try the bank option.

Thanks a lot !

Login to Me Too

jcmana52
New Community Member

I recd an email from PayPal asking me to confirm delivery of item back to vendor and they'll refund purchase price.  Only problem is that I can not get a mailing address / instructions from vendor.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.