I feel wronged with the outcome of the dispute *need help with counter appeal*

BlaizeWedd
Contributor
Contributor

I already had to type a lot for my dispute as to why I should be favoured in the outcome, and for some reason paypal hasn't read my claims otherwise I would be ruled in favour in the first place. To make a long story short, I sold this buyer two items on gumtree that were both in untested condition, to my knowledge they worked (and they do) I did not have a price on the item, and was asking for offers, this person had messaged me, and we came to a price agreement. He sends me the money, I sent it off to him. When they arrive he sends me a message that one of them wasnt working, and the other he didnt try yet.  With a bit of research it turns out the one he tried didnt work on the firmware of his device, which shouldnt be my responsibility to check beforehand, and was blaming me, when its completely his fault for not checking if they would work on his device. He then tries the second one, and tells me that he knows how to work this one better, he tries to get it working, and tells me that he needs an account for it to work, which he would know if he researched beforehand. Now paypal has favoured his side of the story for some reason when he claims 'the product was significally different from described' even though I made it very very clear they were untested, hence why I didn't have a price on the items.

I should mention that I rang paypal as soon as I got the dispute, and they told me that it should be in favour of me, as this falls under 'buyers remorse' 

Please, I need help with this, this really isn't right. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BlaizeWedd 

In the event of an item received but not as described dispute its always one persons word against anothers.

As paypal is the middleman and never sees the item sold then they have to make a judgement call.

Sadly sometimes the seller unfairly loses out and sometimes the buyer.

I would just refund and move on but if thats not an option for you then contact customer services and appeal?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BlaizeWedd 

In the event of an item received but not as described dispute its always one persons word against anothers.

As paypal is the middleman and never sees the item sold then they have to make a judgement call.

Sadly sometimes the seller unfairly loses out and sometimes the buyer.

I would just refund and move on but if thats not an option for you then contact customer services and appeal?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.