I don't have address required type of address verification document.

zlick47
Contributor
Contributor

I have just moved to Australia and will live with my wife when I am out. She has set up a business number, business Gmail, tax file number, and other stuff that I need to keep working as an online teacher. However, I am having trouble verifying my address.

PayPal Business lists only five possible document types that can be used to verify my address, and I have none of them. They are Utility Bill, Council Rates, Tax Return/Assessment, Bank Statement, or Centrelink Statement. The closest thing I have is a tax file registration number document with my business address and a business number document with my address. 

I tried calling them, but all I got was recorded messages that presented options to me. I chose the nearest one, and it gave a non-helpful explanation and no option to speak to anyone. Then it hung up. Now I basically cannot get paid for what I do. 

Can anyone offer any advice? My wife is the one with all the documents they want, but they are in her name, not mine. What, if anything, can I do?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Celeste

Hi there @zlick47,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear the account has been posing some trouble for you. We do ask that the documents provided are in the name of the account holder. If you cannot provide the documents at this time, the verification may not be completed. For further assistance, you can get in touch with our customer support team by selecting Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page. I hope this can be sorted out soon.

Take care,

- Celeste 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.