I didn’t recived my order.

lealu2212
Contributor
Contributor

When I made a payment through PayPal it seemed suspicious, I immediately reported a problem but paypal service unfortunately denied my claim. It is been 23 days from my payment and I still didn’t recived my order, what should I do? I want to get a refund if possible.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lealu2212 

Would help if you said which dispute you opened already?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

GregHarris
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same issue. I opened the only available dispute, which was ‘unauthorized transaction.’ PayPal deemed it was within my normal activity, which it was. However the seller has gone dark and I have no shipping information or responses from the seller.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GregHarris 

If you only had unauthorised then did you negate your buyer protection by paying using the friends/family option by any chance?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

GregHarris
Contributor
Contributor
Yes. It was friends and family, which is default for me
Login to Me Too

lealu2212
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass ‘unauthorized transaction’
Login to Me Too

lealu2212
Contributor
Contributor
‘unauthorized transaction’
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lealu2212 

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction.

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GregHarris 

A friends / family (or gift payment) is intended as a transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance.
However as it is a gift payment, there is also no buyer protection as no goods or services should have been exchanged.

If he was not a close mate or family member you should never use that option as it enables the seller to evade paying his Paypal fees and negates your buyer protection at the same time.

You would also not be able to open a dispute (apart from one citing an unauthorised transaction), which would be automatically closed as you did authorise the initial payment.

Be careful as using that option for purchasing goods is against Paypal rules and can lead to account limitation.

If you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you but unfortunately they may decline as well as it was a gift payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

lealu2212
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass Thank you for you help! Do you know maybe how I can conctact PayPal so I could ask for a second dispute?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.