I can´t transfer money from my PayPal account to my bank account

sesejox
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I´m from Venezuela. Six years ago this awful platform limited my account due to a change in PayPal politics that said that you can´t transfer money If you don´t have a USA bank account linked to your PayPal account. Six years later I move to Chile and manage with my girlfriend to contract a service that helps you to create a legal business in the USA and a Mercury bank account with it. Now I really need my money back cuz I need to go and see my family after this year of covid pandemic, one week ago I linked our new bank account to my Paypal account, and to nobody's surprise, this isn't working either. I already send a message to the Paypal message center but until now I just received a very generic AI-generated response. Please somebody help me to get my money back and finally get out of this awful platform

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

LCarpy
New Community Member

PayPal was unable to link my account to my personal BofA bank account after I deleted my business BofA account so now my incoming revenue sits at PayPal??? And I can't get through to anyone in customer service to find out what the problem is. What's going on there??? I'm in the US

Login to Me Too

sesejox
Contributor
Contributor

I think, Paypal has no intention to give us back our money, It´s impossible to speak with any PayPal assistant to solve this issue. Really it´s a scary platform. Designed to scam all of us at a certain point.  I´ll try to solve this matter and If I find some kind of solution I´ll share it with you and with everybody who needs it 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello everyone. Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you've run into some issues linking your bank account and transferring your funds out of PayPal.

@sesejox, is your account still limited? If so, I'd recommend resolving any steps present in the Resolution Center before attempting to transfer any funds out of your account. If your account was permanently limited, you'll be notified when your funds are eligible to be withdrawn. Also, you'll normally need a to add a US Bank account from a brick and mortar bank, not an online-based financial institution.

@LCarpy, have you tried the steps in this Help Center article: Why can't I link a bank account to my PayPal account?

If you're both still running into issues after that, I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support to research this a bit further. They can be reached by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website.  They're also available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message.

I hope that helps and best wishes,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

sesejox
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jonk

I have nothing in my resolution center, no transitions or anything that I can click on, my account is permanently limited however I do link my bank account that´s not an online-based bank. I tried to write tickets to support through the message center and received no response either. So I decided to file a complaint to the proper authorities. 

Thank you very much for your support, it did not help me to solve my problem but is nice to know that at least there is someone from PayPal who cares. Have a nice day!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.