I can't delete my email

wafialio
Contributor
Contributor
I can't delete my email address from my limited account. I'm trying to open a new account after I changed the country I'm living in, they limited the account.. I need to release my personal email address in order to use it in the new account... Ease help me to solve this issue
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Narendar1
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @wafialio 
Thanks for reaching out on our Community Forums! I understand your unable to delete the email from a limited account. I would recommend you to resolve the limitation on the account to remove the email. For more details, you can also contact us by logging in via PayPal account for further assistance. Thank you! Stay safe and stay healthy. 

Narendar1  

Login to Me Too

wafialio
Contributor
Contributor
Dear @Narendar1, Thank you for trying to help, but I still can't use my limited account (which I don't need anymore) Actually what I need is to remove my personal email address from this limited account because I want to use it to open a new account. Therefore, I'll appreciate if you can help me more and delete the email address, in order to use it in my new account..
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @wafialio,

Thank you for joining the community and making your first posts!

I'm sorry to hear of the limitation. An email address cannot be removed from a limited account, and a new account is not permitted once your account is limited in many circumstances. You can contact Customer Service to determine if a new account would be permitted in your case, and if the limitation can be lifted to allow closure of the old account so the email address can be used.

I hope this information helps you get a resolution!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

wafialio
Contributor
Contributor
Dear @PayPal_Olivia Unfortunately when i reach someone from PayPal on Facebook i got an unexpected and unacceptable answer which was something like they don't care if they will loose their clients... I asked for releasing my personal email address from a limited account in order to open a new account in my new location, but they refused to, and they insisted that I will never have my email address released, they told me that I have to use a new email to open a new account on PayPal which ridiculous as all my contacts knows my personal email....... Please help me if you can release my personal email from my limited account and I'll be glad to have it back... I don't want the limited account back, you can delet it, I just want my email address 😫
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @wafialio,

I'm very sorry to hear that. If they were unable to make an exception to close the limited account, then it would have to remain limited. However, they did confirm that you would be able to open a new account in your new country. A new email address would have to be used to do so.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.