I asked Paypal to help me with a refund and they ruled against me. How can this be justified ?

cronbin173
Contributor
Contributor

I bought 4 portable heaters from enso.ecommerce SL. They are widely advertised on Bing and Outlook. They extoll the virtues of heating a room up quickly. The only way I could feel the heat was by placing my face about 8 inches from the heater itself. I fitted and turned on 4 of these heaters together and there was no significant rise in room temperature. I asked the Seller several times to advise how to return them and have a refund. He didn't reply to one of my requests. I disputed this with PayPal and surprisingly they ruled in favour of the Seller. I just don't understand it. I've never complained about anything through Paypal and I thought out of principle, why should I have to pay £167 for something that's not fit for purpose. PayPal are now not prepared to reopen the case which goes to show, no matter how long a loyal customer you are, the Seller very often has the last say. can anyone please advise me what to do next ? Thanks. Mike

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cronbin173 

There are certain limitations. Presuming you filed significantly not as described (SNAD) dispute...

An item may not be considered Significantly Not as Described if:

• The defect in the item was correctly described by the seller in its description of the item.
  • The item was properly described but you didn’t want it after you received it.
  • The item was properly described but did not meet your expectations.
  • The item has minor scratches and was described as “used."

So to win your case, you have to frame your argument to where it is considered SNAD:

• The item is materially different from the seller’s description of it.
  • You received a completely different item.
  • The condition of the item was misrepresented. For example, the item was described as “new” but the item was used.
  • The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic (i.e. counterfeit).
  • The item is missing major parts or features and those facts were not disclosed in the description of the item when you bought it.
  • You purchased a certain number of items but didn’t receive them all.
  • The item was damaged during shipment.
  • The item is unusable in its received state and was not disclosed as such.

If you cannot make your case, you may file a credit card chargeback, if that’s how you paid.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#buyer-protection

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Notapushover
Contributor
Contributor
Yesterday, I purchased earbuds from this company. They were meant to be Xmas presents for family and were advertised as Black Friday 50% off sales. When I received the confirmation email, it sparked something in me that it could be a scam. After doing research (very limited and vague) concluded my concerns. Tried to stop payment but didn’t know how to request with PayPal. Emailed company to cancel order. Received dispatch email today. Obviously ignored my request as no reply. Have emailed company and PayPal to stop order/payment being made. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY THEY ARE A SCAM.
Login to Me Too

SharonDickens
Contributor
Contributor
I have also purchased a heater from this company. It arrived in a battered box and when I plugged it in I found it gave out very minimal heat which you could only feel if you get really close to the heater. This is not at all how the product is described online. I have tried calling the helpline on several occasions only to get a recorded message each time e. I have e aimed them 5 times now and I have not received any reply. There was no paperwork enclosed with the heater so I do not know how to return it. I feel I have been scammed! These people should not be allowed to get away with conning people out of their money with fake goods!
Login to Me Too

Notapushover
Contributor
Contributor
You will be lucky to get a reply from these scammers. They say they can’t cancel my order because it’s already been dispatched. They have offered a 35% refund - that is what these scammers do. Log a dispute with PayPal and attach your emails. This is the only way you will get 100% refund.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.