I Was Ripped Off Twice! Once by Luna Wigs and Then PayPal

fashun3
New Community Member

On May 14th I purchased 3 wigs from the Luna Wigs website. The pictures were gorgeous. I received on May 29th 3 scraggly wigs that looked nothing like their pictures. I went directly to the vendor and complain. They told me to send pictures and UPC codes. I did they kept offering me a small portion of my money back and told me I could keep the hideous wigs. I went to the PayPay resolution site and started a complaint. I sent the pictures of the items I ordered, pictures of the wigs I received and the UPC codes on the packages. It is very obvious that the items I received are not the items I ordered. But PayPal says because the items are not damaged it does not matter whether they are what I ordered. They found in the vendor's favor. I can now file an appeal but I doubt there will be any difference. I have been **bleep** twice. I will no longer use PayPal for any purchases from vendors I do not know about. They guarantee is useless.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fashun3 

Paypal gives you 'some' buyer and 'some' seller protection but its up to you to risk assess your transactions.

And to be honest if you buy from a China website or Social Media ad the items are nearly always tat.

However as paypal is the middleman they have to make a judgement call and don't get involved in 'quality' issues, so you ordered wigs and got wigs and sadly the item was not of the quality you expected. 

If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then maybe consider a chargeback via your card issuer?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.