How to reopen a closed disputed case

bobchi
Contributor
Contributor

How do I reopen a disputed closed case.  I was the victim of a fraudulent Keen store fake website for $79.  The fraudster included two USPS tracking numbers that they somehow obtained.  However, those tracking numbers are for Amazon shipments and unrelated.  Also, why are there 2 tracking numbers for one shipment.  PayPal said that the shipper provided proof of purchase and closed the case.  I want to open it and show PayPal that those two shipping numbers are for Amazon, which I can prove.  There is no way to do it on the website.  I tried to send a message, but it only lets me start a new claim, not open one.  I tried to phone customer service, but after much around around, is said it would transfer me to an agent.  At that point it said there are no agents, please contact customer service via our website and hung up on me.  How do I reopen the claim so I can prove the fraud?

Login to Me Too
62 REPLIES 62

soso2k
Contributor
Contributor
I would like to inform that I finally have full refund back for my 2 cases from Chinese scammer seller. All in, I took about 2wks to get all refunds from the date I got packagees by post and I was realizing that I was cheated. With 3 times calling to PayPal, talkef only about 5 mins each, waiting on phone was long though. However, it was worth waiting. 🙂 If you have this kind of case with yourself, pls contact PayPal by phone. I explained all things happened to my orders, I got tracking info, they sent out the things that lot cheaper (I was cheated attentionally!!). I explained and retalked to the staff, then PayPal finally agreed to reopen the case and I got refunded!!! 🙏🙏. Just be patient though, I called 3 times to get this result I wanted. PS. I talked to one guy, he seemed no interest on my problem. I called other day, I got another one, this one understood my case. so lease try and take time to get one to understand yours. Wish you all get money back from scammer. Thanks for all the advices on this community a lot. 🙏🙏
Login to Me Too

jrtree3
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue for me, I showed that the scam website was no longer active,  the seller gave paypal a tracking number for an item that was bought from Amazon.   Easy to spot that it was fraudulent,  but judging by my experience as well as others on here paypal seems content to let scammers continue to operate and keep money.   If it doesn't hurt revenue they will not care.   I will avoid using paypal when I can.    

Login to Me Too

jburger1919
Contributor
Contributor
This company never gave me a Tracking number and I have never received my order and they grossly overcharged the actual amount of the actual products. Which I believed to be approx $25.
Login to Me Too

Temp20210908U
Contributor
Contributor

You can't and you're just OUT the $$$$. PAYPAL is working in cooperation with the Chinese companies that stole your money and never shipped a thing. Making Trillions off of suckers trying to get something cheap. Your very best course of action is to discontinue ever using paypal again. Report the fraud to your bank and hope for a refund from them. 
PayPal is part of the CCP!!!!
BOYCOTT PAYPAL!

Login to Me Too

mlagerton
New Community Member

Has anyone had success reopening a disputed case?  It feels as PayPal is closing disputes before items are received to minimize dealing with crooked vendors.

I'm amazed that crooks are using PayPal without some vetting done.

Login to Me Too

Rg53
Contributor
Contributor
This keen thing just happened to me twice!! How do I get my money back. PayPal keeps denying my claim
Login to Me Too

GLondon
I ordered something back in December....From China of course but didn't know it was until AFTER the payment went thru....Never received my product....Not even shipping information....NOT 1 EMAIL FROM THE SELLER....And of course PayPal closed my claim and I can't reopen it....I'm wondering why PayPal don't monitor these scammers like they do regular hardworking people....I can't even email nor get in touch with the seller in no way possible....Yup I'm closing my PayPal accounts....Personal and Business
Login to Me Too

Dawnstriker
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to Appeal a wrong decision from the dispute resolution center.

I have spent hours trying to provide PayPal with information necessary but unable to upload a confirmation from USPS that an elaborate fraud is occurring by exploiting the weaknesses in PayPal's systems. Not wanting to miss this opportunity, I will point out exactly what is happening to PayPal Clients like me.

1. Client clicks on an advertisement for Electric Bikes and buys two at an extremely low price using PayPal Credit to complete the purchase.

2. No order confirmation is ever received by the Buyer.

3. A dispute is filed by the Buyer With PayPal.

4. PayPal gets from the Seller a Tracking #[removed] in my case.

5. PayPal checks USPS Tracking and finds that there was a delivery with a Date and Time but no delivery address.

6. PayPal rules in favor of the Seller based on the above information.

7. Buyer contacts USPS and disputes the delivery to BUYERS ADDRESS.

8. USPS investigate and discover that:- The package was a 4oz letter mailed to an address other than the Buyers with the above Tracking Number and not a large box with two electric Bikes as evidenced by the below letter from USPS.

We have investigated the handling of your 4 oz. First Class package, TR#

[removed]-xx, including the GEO code point stored in the carrier’s scanner at the time and location of delivery. The scan places the package at the correct address. 

Unfortunately, the address reported on the Service Request and the address we have as the destination are different. The package was not delivered to

(my address redacted) due to the sender mailing to a different address. You also reported the package contains two full size electric bikes. The weight of the package delivered indicates this may have been fraud. I made an attempt to view an image of the package to see the name to whom it was addressed. The image is unavailable. 

You may contact the Postal Inspector at[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]to report this issue and have investigated. The item was not insured through USPS but I did notice you were presenting this email to PayPal as evidence of non delivery. Please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble this may have caused you. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again in the future.”

Sincerely,

Jerome [removed]

Complaints & Inquiry Clerk

Florida 1 District

In summary. The Fraudsters know that USPS Tracking report the date and time of delivery on a Tracking number inquiry, but NOT the actual address of delivery so they Mail a letter to a random address in the same ZIP code as the Buyer and report that tracking number to PayPal associating it with the disputed transaction.

Lastly, due to privacy concerns, USPS will NOT inform the Buyer the actual address of delivery and as stated PayPal do not require proof of the actual address of delivery contrary to its own policy as stated below:-

"How do I prove that I've sent an item to the buyer?

If a buyer opens a dispute or claim regarding an item they didn’t receive, you may be required to provide the proof that you’ve already sent the item to the buyer. One way to show that proof is to use a carrier with online tracking. The recipient's name and address in the online tracking information must match those displayed in your Transaction Details page."

Given the many advertisements I see on line for this Seller's "Offer" I imagine that millions of Dollars of American Citizens funds have been stolen, without consequence, due to the weakness of the PayPal dispute resolution system.

I feel I must find other media to inform others of this fraud and to use PayPal for low value purchases until their systems have been upgraded to avoid this fraud.

Sorry for the long read and Thank you for your time.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adam1

Hi, thanks for posting in our Community! I'm sorry to hear that you've had an ongoing issue with a purchase. From your comment, it sounds like you're in the US. Please give us a call at 888.221.1161 Monday-Sunday from 9AM-9PM ET, and we'll be happy to appeal the case. 

Login to Me Too

46errk

I have the same issue as yours Dawnstriker, PayPal has been of no help whatsoever.  Fraudulent USPS tracking # and info.  My package weighs 48 pounds and PayPal believe the bogus seller that it was left in my mailbox.  Great customer service, not.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.