How to reopen a closed disputed case

bobchi
Contributor
Contributor

How do I reopen a disputed closed case.  I was the victim of a fraudulent Keen store fake website for $79.  The fraudster included two USPS tracking numbers that they somehow obtained.  However, those tracking numbers are for Amazon shipments and unrelated.  Also, why are there 2 tracking numbers for one shipment.  PayPal said that the shipper provided proof of purchase and closed the case.  I want to open it and show PayPal that those two shipping numbers are for Amazon, which I can prove.  There is no way to do it on the website.  I tried to send a message, but it only lets me start a new claim, not open one.  I tried to phone customer service, but after much around around, is said it would transfer me to an agent.  At that point it said there are no agents, please contact customer service via our website and hung up on me.  How do I reopen the claim so I can prove the fraud?

Login to Me Too
62 REPLIES 62

Paul-Gizmo62

I have proof that the tracking number the seller gave was wrong as when I checked with the post office this item was for only 102 grams and I brought a 28 inch smart coffee table that I would presume would weigh in excess of 25kgs. Is there a phone number for Paypal as I cant find one.

Login to Me Too

esonia33
Contributor
Contributor

cause for now, it seems hard to contact paypal staff. When I use the online chatting, they say they cant do anything since the claim is closed ://

Login to Me Too

soso2k
Contributor
Contributor

I am one of the victime of Thief seller, and I can't reopen my case and tried to report with unauthorised payment without sucess - Case ID: PP-I-15257457. Closed case by paypal. 

Money is not big amount, but I just don\t want the seller gets money by this lie transaction. I paid for about 75 USD and got towel and hat with the price of less than 1 USD from china. 

that's really bad if Paypal could let seller gets away with this selling and find more victims. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@soso2k 

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction.

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you for the correct option of item received but not as described.
They may decline citing policies but if you say what happened then they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

soso2k
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks a lot for your advice. I knew that unauthorized payment is not my case. however as my disputed case is closed so I tried with that way. I really hope that PayPal will consider to reopen my dispute case. I have tried to call PayPal, however Swiss center kept me on hold more than 15mins then the line is cut. thanks for all your advices so much.
Login to Me Too

soso2k
Contributor
Contributor

the leadtime for disputed case should be extended to 60 days minimum and extenable should be an option. 

it is not possible to know what the selller sent out when they gave only tracking  number - we know the package was sent out but what was packed was unknown till we received it on hands. .

When we knew that we got scammed!!! it was loo late, paypal case was  closed already without the option to be extendable. 

Paypal should be well aware of postal / delivery/ transit time?? 

I don't know how my case will be going - I could not find any option to open the case with Paypal.

But I will do my best to get this Chinese SCAM SELLER alert. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@soso2k 

If you opened a dispute for non receipt of item and it was closed as the seller provided tracking BUT the item arrived and was misdescribed then yes you can in that instance phone customer services and ask them to open a dispute for item received but not as described for you.

However you opened one for unauthorised as you had already opened one for non receipt so of course it was declined.

Contact c.s. and get them to open a SNAD for you. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

soso2k
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Thanks a lot. for your advice. I will try to call again, hope I can get through.
Login to Me Too

soso2k
Contributor
Contributor
hi there, Just would like to update that I called to PayPal in Switzerland on last Friday . I got one case refunded full amount within 2hours for the first case . The second one was refused even it was the same seller -I bought 2items with 1day different on transaction Date. I called PayPal again to check he said he would do something if 10 days passed, I would get refund if seller do nothing . .. now I wait.. up till now I still the, second case is refused no changed at all. is that normal?
Login to Me Too

Seane68
Contributor
Contributor

I Had  the exact same problem  I ordered a futon mattress.  The seller never gave me any info on expected delivery and wouldn't return my messages.  I had Pay Pal investigate.  Pay Pal said the seller provided a tracking number.  I tracked the number and it said item delivered in mail box.  I contacted USPS.  They informed me that the delivery was not to either of my known addresses.  I tried to add this info on the resolution center on Pay Pal but it wouldn't let me.  Pay Pal then said "item delivered.  Case closed"  Yet if Pay Pal had done any kind of investigation they would have known the tracking number did not match the shipping address I gave the seller.  So now I'm hoping my credit card company will help me out.  I'm closing my Pay Pal account as there are plenty of  other options.  Don't know if it is legit but have read some postings that say Pay Pal is in on these scams.  I'm done with them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.