How to reopen a closed disputed case

bobchi
Contributor
Contributor

How do I reopen a disputed closed case.  I was the victim of a fraudulent Keen store fake website for $79.  The fraudster included two USPS tracking numbers that they somehow obtained.  However, those tracking numbers are for Amazon shipments and unrelated.  Also, why are there 2 tracking numbers for one shipment.  PayPal said that the shipper provided proof of purchase and closed the case.  I want to open it and show PayPal that those two shipping numbers are for Amazon, which I can prove.  There is no way to do it on the website.  I tried to send a message, but it only lets me start a new claim, not open one.  I tried to phone customer service, but after much around around, is said it would transfer me to an agent.  At that point it said there are no agents, please contact customer service via our website and hung up on me.  How do I reopen the claim so I can prove the fraud?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bobchi 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
62 REPLIES 62

Vickybos
Contributor
Contributor
An electric bike was advertised. I paid 29.98 dollars only to receive a sunglasses that worth maybe 3 pounds. After all my time spent on at dispute resolution, I am asked to post back all the way to china at my own expense before I could get my refund. I think that PayPal need to do more to protect their customers that are being scammed through PayPal. The worse is I am not allowed to respond and I cannot update the case of reopen it.
Login to Me Too

Juliemccollum
Contributor
Contributor
I have proof this was a scam I want someone to listen to my side of the problem
Login to Me Too

BE6289
Contributor
Contributor

i am in the same situation. This is very common especially from sellers from china and its called the wrong item scam. Paypal are not interested and let sellers get away with this. Your best bet is to contact your bank and put a claim in with them and see if they can reverse the charges.

Login to Me Too

bobchi
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, if this had come from my credit card, my bank would provide relief.  This was debited straight from my checking account.  I think that PayPal has dispute resolution in name only, but not in practice.   PayPal is willing to take false information from fraudsters, but no way to show that the the documents are fraudulent.  As soon as the scammer replies to a claim with false info, PayPal denies the claim with no way to present your proof that the info was false.   PayPal does not care about whether you are the victim of fraud.  It only cares that it got it's money.   I will try to boycott PayPal as much as possible from now on.  I recommend that if everyone else who has been victimized by PayPal, boycotts them, too, may they will change their policy to allow claimants to present proof that the response info was false.

Login to Me Too

Ally26
I agree with all you have said and find myself in the same situation Does anybody ever get help in their favor? I am so dissolutioned with PayPal
Login to Me Too

KLooper
Contributor
Contributor

I called paypal today for fraudulent transaction because my case was closed but they appealed it for me. I submitted proof of the fraud and false advertising so we will see what happens in a couple of days. They told me to submit my evidence to paypal. This site wont let me post a link. So just ask when you call. 

I hope I get a response in my favor. Keep in touch and I will let you know.

Login to Me Too

Revo_111x
Contributor
Contributor
I would like to know what they have to say! They closed my case I have contacted seller and email address came back undeliverable.
Login to Me Too

esonia33
Contributor
Contributor

Hi  can you tell me how can you contact them via phone? thanks!

Login to Me Too

Naz121
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, where are you located and how did you able to contact paypal? I have same scenery and will try to contact them.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.