How to remove limitations?

john_67
New Community Member
Dear Sir/ Ma'am,

I have opened an account with paypal long time ago, because i was involved with a freelancing job.  But, i haven't use that account even once.  I even forgot the account and the password and so, i decided to open again, using another email, for the purpose of using it for online job.

I successfully opened a new account and was informed that it has a limitation and I cannot use paypal again.  It's confusing.  I am the same person, only I used different emails and ID's.  If you want me to upload my old Id that was use before and the latest ID that i use now, i can do it, to prove that i'm the same person.  i need to remove the limitations now, as im applying for an online job.  Please help m on this.  Thank you.

Sincerely,

John_67
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

torxxx
New Community Member

I'm having the same issue.  I didn't do anything against the terms of service but yet they banned both of my accounts (my private and my work accounts)
I have reached out to customer service and they will not respond to emails.

seems like a poor business model to ban people for unknown reasons and then refuse to respond.   I use paypal to send money to my Aussie friends, and paypal is one of the few options the aussies have for digital fund transfers 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @john_67 and @torxxx,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting! 

I understand your concern about the limitations on your account.  Account limitations are placed in situations where we see unusual or suspicious activity, or when we need to collect information necessary for keeping your account open or about the use of the account. You can find steps to resolve the limitation in the Resolution Center. If you need any additional help, please reach out to our customer through the available contact options on our website. Support is also available through Facebook private messages or Twitter direct messages.

Regards,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.