How to make a protected payment to a PP email account? And Invoice issue?

WhereRInvoices
Contributor
Contributor
A seller has an item for sale on line. I asked seller to send a PP invoice to my PP account, but they are having problems doing that. So they provided a PP email account for me to send the $440.00 to. Is such a payment protected? I have more than one email addy registered with PP. Should seller be able to send an invoice to any of those emails? Thanks
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WhereRInvoices 

That depends on many factors all listed in Paypals buyer protection policy for you to read so you can risk assess your transactions.
Legal (bottom right of Paypals pages) > user agreement > buyer protection.

If you do use the send money > goods/services option OR he sends you an invoice make sure the item is FULLY DESCRIBED in the payment option in case you have to open a dispute for 'not as described' later.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WhereRInvoices 

That depends on many factors all listed in Paypals buyer protection policy for you to read so you can risk assess your transactions.
Legal (bottom right of Paypals pages) > user agreement > buyer protection.

If you do use the send money > goods/services option OR he sends you an invoice make sure the item is FULLY DESCRIBED in the payment option in case you have to open a dispute for 'not as described' later.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

WhereRInvoices
Contributor
Contributor

ACTUALLY options go like this:

Send money > fill in email > fill in amount > continue...
In PP's absolute disregard for the user's experience, PP forces you to fill in amount and click continue BEFORE giving you the option of goods and services.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.