How to get Paypal to stop sending me emails on a fraudulent account?

WindsurfMaui
Contributor
Contributor

Some one who hacked Xfinity many years ago opened an account in my sister's email address. For 5+ years I have been trying to tell Paypal it is a fraud and close the account. And Paypal ignored me. Finally about a year ago I spoke to a live person at Paypal and told them the whole story including that I stopped over $1,000 of tools being charged to Paypal, because they offered the scammers a credit payment plan, by calling the vendors who were being ripped off and told them this was a fraudulent account to cancel any orders. So the Paypal rep said they would look into it but in the meantime they would stop any emails from Paypal to my sister asking her to log into the account (since she can't log in since she didn't open the account so doesn't have the password) but the emails keep coming. So how do I get Paypal to close this account and stop them from bothering my sister? Thanks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Milagrosnieve80
Contributor
Contributor
Please stop sending email from PayPal community meller is getting to be to much
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Marina

Hi @WindsurfMaui,

I'm sorry to hear about your sister's experience. I know that would be frustrating, and I'd be happy to point you in the right direction. Here's some information from our Help Center that should assist her with this further:

I don’t have a PayPal account, how do I stop receiving PayPal emails?

I hope this is resolved soon!

- Marina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.