How to dispute money request (and block others)

applestree
New Community Member

A while ago I sent money to someone who turned out to be a scammer. Now, I have gotten a payment request on Paypal from them asking me for more money. I would like to block or delete the request but I can't find any option to do so, and when I tried to report it at the Resolution Center it said "you can't file a case on this type of transaction."  Do I have no choice but to pay the request? What will happen if I ignore the request indefinitely?

Also, is there a way to block this person from my contact list so they can never do this again?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Jacob

Hello @applestree,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! We're glad to have you here. 

If you no longer want to receive payments or messages from another PayPal user, you can block them via the PayPal website or mobile app.

1. Click Send & Request.
  2. Click Contacts and select the name of the person you want to block.
  3. Click Block this contact.
  4. Click Block to confirm.

Mobile App:

1. Tap Send.
  2. Under "Your contacts," find the person you want to block and tap the three dots to the right of their name.
  3. Tap Block (contact's name).
  4. Tap Block to confirm.

Once you block someone, they will no longer be able to send you money, message you, or find you in the PayPal directory.

-Jacob

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.