How to cancel dispute on payment made through guest checkout

generalkrieg
Contributor
Contributor

I bought some clothes through guest checkout, I didn't realize it was through Paypal and when I saw it on my statement I thought it was fraud so I opened a dispute with my bank . I've already received the goods and I need to close the dispute, however I have no idea how to since it was done through guest access. I tried to sort it out with my bank but the buyer is still showing the dispute as open, I'm afraid they will lose their money, but the bank already sent the payment back through so it's not like I can just pay again. I'm really confused how to close this before the deadline.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Madhubala1
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @generalkrieg 

Thank you for your post. 
I can understand that you are trying to close the claim. You can click here and check how to close the dispute case.

I hope this helps.
Madhubala1

Login to Me Too

generalkrieg
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not sure how I would get to the case to close it in the resolution centre since it's not attached to an account. I can't see the resolution centre for that transaction since it was done through guest. I didn't actually open a dispute, my bank did. My bank said they closed it but the seller is still seeing it on their end...

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Madhubala1 

They can't do that if they don't have a paypal account can they !!

@generalkrieg 

If your bank has said its closed then its closed on their end but you may have to wait for paypal to play catch up on their end.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.