How to Report a Scammer on paypal?

Temp20220612a
New Community Member

I sent a friend of a friend money on here for some items that they needed.  They then requested more, and keep on asking for more.  I'm convinced this person is a scammer and is out looking for other people's money.  While I know that it is unlikely that I will be able to get my money back, but I want to stop this from happening to anyone else.  Also, while on here it says payment is completed, on my card (used a prepaid card for safety) it says that the transaction is still pending (see image below).Screenshot 2022-06-11 7.10.06 PM.png

As I said, all I want is to make sure that this does not happen to anyone else, and see if i can possibly get my money back.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Jwin79
New Community Member

me too :c

Login to Me Too

Aawo
Contributor
Contributor
I sent the money to scammers, can I get refunds
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Temp20220612a, @Jwin79, @Aawo

Welcome everyone! I'm sorry to hear you've been running into some issues with potentially fraudulent receivers. I can appreciate not wanting this to happen to anyone else. First, here's a link to all the information on our Buyer Protection and Disputes process. However, if these payments were sent as personal payments, normally the option to open a dispute is not going to be available. If you paid with your debit or credit card, I would recommend reaching out to them to see what options may be available. If you're based out of the US, you can report any online fraud through ic3.gov (FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center). 

Good luck with your future transactions, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.