How long do PayPal take to review documents?

PhilipChris69
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying to lift the initial receiving limit of £1,900 per year. To do this, PayPal required documentation to be sent to them as proof of identification and address. As a genuine seller, I had no problem doing this, and I uploaded scanned copies of my passport and recent bank statement for PayPal to review.

However, the problem is that this is taking a very long time with no clear indication of when the review will be finished. I uploaded the documents almost two weeks ago. I was told that the review would be finished within 48 hours (obviously this information was extremely innacurate). I have tried to contact PayPal, but I only received a generic response - "we are still reviewing your account. Thank you for your patience". That's great, but this didn't answer the question of how long this will take, be it several more days, weeks or even months!

I would just like some clarification as to how long I should expect to wait until this review is complete? At the moment there is no clear answer, and I am keen to start selling again but I cannot until the review is complete and the receiving limits are lifted.

Thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too
122 REPLIES 122

PandaPlayer05
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, its been 5 days for me and it's still under review. My driver's license took one day to review and I don't understand why the documents are taking sooo long.

Login to Me Too

Alekpopiolek
New Community Member
I have also had this problem my address and picture id are taking forever but the other document was finished within minutes. Everything i need to do is waiting for this and i simply dont have 26 days.
Login to Me Too

NGoodman1
New Community Member

It’s been four days for me and it says “We’re reviewing your documents now” and it doesn’t work, it’s been like that for an hour and a half

Login to Me Too

Will4298
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry folks. 

Your accounts are going to be suspended for 180 days. 

It has happened to me but luckily I don't have money in my account.

Don't use PayPal, it's a waste of time and can cost you your business.

Login to Me Too

kveldulf

"Hi All,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m sorry to hear that many of you need to wait for their documents to be reviewed.

The standard review time is 24 – 72 hours. If you are waiting longer, please consider contacting us via phone. In this way we will be able to review your account and help you resolve the matter. To speed up the process, please make sure you’ve provided all information you’ve been asked for before contacting us.

Hope it helps.

Anna"

What a joke. I'm abroad and my simm ran out before anyone answered. That aside when I've spoken to your customer services previously they've been beyond unyhelpful. My account has been limited for over a week, costing me time and money, I've sent all documentation and given all the information requested, sent multiple messages and only received auto-replies.

Paypals level of non-service is beyond ridiculous!!!!

Login to Me Too

Paid_Played

This is nuts. This happened to me a long time ago. All I did was phone up, explain that this was an absolute joke (constant redirection loop when clicking 'continue' button; Log in-> Need more info-> Continue-> Logged out : Repeat) and they sorted it as I was on the phone. I logged out, he said he had fixed the "error" and by the time I'd logged in, my account was cleared of any limitations.

Obviously the customer service (hah!) has all but disappeared. Take to facebook - Post screens of what is happening (hide any sensitive info). Tell them it is not acceptable. Make others aware on their other social media platforms too. You'll soon see they act a lot faster when their image is being scrutinized.

The admins and mods here are an absolute joke. Constant regurgitation of the same old lines. "sorry for any inconvenience" should be the new motto.

Login to Me Too

benyaking23
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem... I have uploaded the required documents and nothing happens. In Resolution Center it keeps telling me more information needed, and status is waiting for my response but when I click to resolve they say Identification Provide: In Progress...
What to do in this case? I have tried to contact mutiple times in eamil but getting just automated emails.... Call service in Ireland so I need to spend more money to contact them... Thats ridiculous!!!!

Login to Me Too

zyper16
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal customer service is a joke.

I have submited all my documents, I received a message telling me that my limits were lifted, but guess what? The limits are still there!!!

I tried to contact them on all channels: email, facebook and phone. On email I only got an auto response, on facebook I got the same generic response and by phone, my SIM credit ran out before I could get the problem sorted. The phone charges are very high, WHY SHOULD I BE OBLIGED TO PAY 10 DOLARS ON MY PHONE JUST TO SORT OUT THEIR MESS?

TWO WEEKS HAVE PASSED SINCE I FIRST TRIED TO CONTACT CUSTOMER SUPPORT and guess what, I`m still with my problem unsolved!

Why do we pay fees if your customer support is 0 ??

Why do you have a Community Help Forum? This thing is useless, unless you like getting generic responses and not getting your problems resolved.

Very dissapointed with paypal and will search an alternative method wich will not cost me time, money and nerves.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi zyper16,

I'm very sorry to hear about this, and I can definitely understand your frustration. If you've already provided the requested information and received a notification that your account limits are lifted, you should no longer be seeing the limit in place.

If you can still see a notification in your account stating that your limits need to be lifted, it certainly sounds like you may be affected by a technical issue occurring on our side.

As we don't have access to your account details here, we can't provide specific information through the Community Forum, but if you would like to contact us via Twitter (@AskPayPal), we'll be glad to take a closer look to confirm exactly what's going on with your account. If you decide to contact us this way, you can provide a link to your Community Forum post so we can fully review the issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Evgenij
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Sophie, can you please also check my account.

it's about 100 years old. i use it mostly for ebay shopping from time to time.

and of course it was verified long time ago and not once!

last time was few months ago if i recall right.

now i was just shopping ebay a week ago and then BOOM, my account was limited.

i've submitted everything immediately but still it's "in progress".

what is going on? why do you need to confirm that me is still me so frequently?

i've already missed few ebay lots with nice price. now i should buy them for few $100 more.

i wonder how do you plan to compensate that to me?

will you just add it to my account or will send me a check?

who gives you right to choose who and how much money will loose?

i really mean it, REMOVE MY LIMITS RIGHT NOW! and think about how you can compensate my time when i was hang in your stupid limits.

if you are so worried about your clients safety, you have their phone numbers, JUST CALL!!! and ask are they really buying something or someone stole their account.

one of my bank is actually doing this.

when i was in the other country and tried to buy something using my card, they called to me and asked am i fine, am i really doing this. i said yes, thanks for worrying. and i was fine that day.

how can you just lock people whenever you want? and feeling fine with this.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.