How do you get to the appeal process the appeal button never comes up.

help10100000
Contributor
Contributor

Appeal process won't let me appeal. Cant get to appeals process

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@help10100000 

Appeal option is normally only there are up to 10 days post the claim closing.

If not there then.........

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

evecarol
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem and sent this message to PALPAY through messaging:

I AM APPEALING PAYPALS DECISION DENYING MY RREQUEST FOR A REFUND. THIS APPEAL IS FILED WITHIN THE 10 DAY WINDOW . MY CASE NUMBER IS PP-125908395 AND WAS DENIED. IT WAS FILED ON 09/10/2021 AND DENIED ON 09/26/2021. TODAYS DATE IS 01/02/2021.
I AM FILING THIS APPEAL BECAUSE
1. PAYPAL DID NOT PROPERLY INVESTIGATE MY CASE
2. PAYPAL INVESTIGATORS DID NOT CALL THE USPS(SHIPPER) AND VERIFY THAT THE TRACKING NUMBER DID NOT CORESSPOND TO MY ADDRESS, THUS PROVING MY CLAIM. (VERY SIMPLE,BASIC PROOF) USPS TRACKING NUMBER; 9200190306403905753642. FURTHERMORE, THAT THE ITEM ASSOCIATED WITH THE ABOVE TRACKING NUMBER PROVIDED TO PAYPAL BY SELLER AS PROOF OF DELIVERY ACCORDING TO THE USPS, WEIGHED LESS THAN 7 OUNCES AND THAT MY ITEM WEIGHED (A ROBOTIC POOL CLEANER MOTOR), WEIGHED OVER 5 POUNDS)
3. PAYPAL INVESTIGATORS DID NOT CALL THE SHIPPER TELEPHONE NUMBE[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]TO VERIFY THAT THE RECORDING STATES THE SITE IS A SCAM.
4. THAT PAYPAL HAS HAD NUMEROUS COMPLAINTS ABOUT SELLER FOR THE SAME REASON FROM OTHER CUSTOMERS.
5. THAT PAYPAL HAS NUMEROUS COMPLAINTS AGAINST (PAYPAL) FOR FAILURE TO PROPERLY INVESTIGATE CUSTOMER DISPUTES( COMMUNITY MESSAGING BOARD)
6. THAT PAYPAL STATES THAT THEY PROVDED A DIRECT LINK FOR APPEAL IN THE RESOULOUTION CENTER WHEN IN FACT THEY DO NOT.
I FURTURE STATE UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY THAT THE ABOVE AND FOREGOING IS TRUS AND CORRECT. AND THAT:
Neither Drybulk Services Inc. or any representatives did not receive the said item ordered, that the the address associated with tracking number the seller provided us or PAYPAL was, according to the post office, was not our address. That the phone number in the sellers ad is also proof that the sellers business is a scam.
Drybulk Services Inc., Evcarol <removed>( dispute claimant) is thereby notifying PayPal that it is APPEALING PAYPAL'S DECISION TO DENY our valid and properly executed claim that the item ordered by claimant was Neither Sent to claimants address, or Received by claimant. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@evecarol 

You can only appeal if you have new evidence not available to paypal at the time of their original decision.

So its up to you to get that information.

Paypal is just a payment processor that gives you 'some' buyer and 'some' seller protection.
So disputes for non receipt of item are mostly automated. Seller provides tracking that shows delivery = seller wins.
So then its your turn to do some work to assist Paypal in recovering your purchase price from your seller.

Firstly ring Paypal customer services and tell them that the number is fake or that the item was shown as shipped before you purchased it. With that information they may well just issue you a refund.

Secondly if they don't then... APPEAL
To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address. THEY DON'T HAVE TO SAY WHICH ADDRESS IT WAS SENT TO, JUST THAT IT WAS NOT DELIVERED TO YOUR ADDRESS.

Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click contact at the bottom of the page, or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your Paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

evecarol
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, Kudos, 

PayPal, has to exercise due diligence when they are investigating disputes. They haver an obligation to at the very minimum contact the shipper(USPS) provide the tracking number given to them by seller to customer support for USPS and ask if the item was delivered to my address. That simple question will tell them that it was not sent to my address. I did this so since they are charged with investigating the dispute, should do the same, otherwise they did not properly investigate and are libel for failure. Also they can ask the same representative the weight of the item provided in the tracking number and will find out that the weight was 6+ ounces not 5+ pounds as my item was.

They can and should ask seller to provide a copy of the original USPS shipping receipt for verification.  If seller provides a false copy of this federal associated document then the seller is guilty under Federal statute 843(b) fraud using a communication device.

PAYPAL owes a duty of care to properly investigate disputes like mine and to fully investigate said dispute utilizing the information that was provided to them by me.

Thanks     

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@evecarol 

Sadly if you read up on buyer protection all the seller has to do is provide tracking.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#purchase-protection

If the seller presents evidence that they delivered the goods to you, PayPal may find in favor of the seller for an Item Not Received claim even if you claim you did not receive the goods.

Evidence is the tracking number and then its up to you to take it further if you lose the claim as per my above post.

They could not possibly ''investigate'' every single tracking number or every single transaction for item received but not as described in over 200 countries worldwide. So with the former tracking wins the seller the claim, and with the latter the buyer normally wins but has to return the item first.

They don't owe you anything apart from what they state they will do in their buyer protection policy.

Even some credit cards are refusing claims from items sent from China as reported on this forum. No payment processor gives you 100% cover.

However if you do as I advised you may well get a refund, others have followed that information and successfully been refunded, you just sometimes have to do a bit of work yourself, after all you did choose your seller paypal didn't so maybe the due diligence should be on your side as well to be honest.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.