How do we avoid having invoices canceled by customers?

RayBan81
Contributor
Contributor

Hello PayPal-Community,

we just got aware of a VERY strange update Paypal introduced to invoicing recently. Apparantly customers can now cancel invoices on their side. We use paypal invoicing to automate our services and send out invoices to over 1000 dealers worldwide. It's purely B2B invoicing and no dealer will receive an invoice from us, if he hasn't used our service. 

With this new "feature" some dealers from time to time now just press "Cancel" on their invoice. (for whatever reason) If that is a mistake or intentional, does not really matter...the end-result is, we have to re-open another invoice to charge this dealer. 

Not sure what PayPal is upto with that. We are a legit merchant for years and with quite a billing sum each month and now the other side just has it at their disposal wether to accept an invoice or not. 

The least I would expect from PayPal is to disable this feature for well-known merchants. Actually such things are just an insult. A customer can always opt to not pay an invoice for whatever reason, but letting them cancel invoices straightaway just creates more work and headache. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RayBan81 

Its been put in place to reassure recipients who receive fake money requests and invoices from scammers for large amounts that frighten them into thinking its going to be auto paid by putting that in the 'notes' section and a phone number in the 'notes' section for them to call, when they call to cancel the invoice they are then hacked by the scammers pretending to be customer services and downloading scam software to hack their computers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.