How do I request an appeal of a PayPal claim decision?

Barbara_J
Contributor
Contributor

A claim was opened for me by a PP associate after a glitch in the system that was preventing me from doing so after numerous attempts. I informe her of my reason for submitting the claim which is that the seller refused to honor their statement of guarantee for a full refund, The associate entered info and entering reason as item not as described. (She did not tell me this was reason she was entering. )When I laterwent into PP and saw this ,I responded  in the notes as to my true reason- fraudulent statemt of guarantee.  No matter how I responded seems my comments were ignored. Now case denied as noted that PP review showed that the item was not different than described..This was NOT my issue. How can I appeal their decision? Seller stated on site " 30-day Money Back..If you are not satosfied with your products, we will issue a full refund no questions asked." I was not satisfied, I contacted them within 30 days and they will not give me a refund! The sellers statement of a guarantee is FRAUDULENT  I cannot believe PP denied my claim for a refund., How do I appeal their decision?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Barbara_J 

You have buyer protection for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described.

Anything else is between you and the merchant to sort out between you.

If they didn't honour their guarantee and it does not come under Paypals buyer protection policy then you have the option of the small claims court if that is available in your country? That is as long as the seller is in your country, if they are international then you may well be out of luck.

If that is the case you could try your card issuer if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Barbara_J 

You have buyer protection for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described.

Anything else is between you and the merchant to sort out between you.

If they didn't honour their guarantee and it does not come under Paypals buyer protection policy then you have the option of the small claims court if that is available in your country? That is as long as the seller is in your country, if they are international then you may well be out of luck.

If that is the case you could try your card issuer if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Barbara_J
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your response. It is a learning experience for sure!  PayPal is reopening the  case for me using a more appropriate reason and hopefully the outcome will be as expected. ( I have also filed a case with the Federal Trade Commission against the merchant for fraudulent advertising)  Wish me luck.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.