How do I report a scam account that refunded my money but is knowingly used for fraudulent activity?

kelbeyr
Contributor
Contributor

I made a payment for an item, but they refunded the purchase. (This should have my a major red flag, but i continued). I made payment through Zelle, and am now out almost $600. So in summary I KNOW FOR A FACT this PayPal account is used for fraudulent activity and has stolen money from other people. How do I report this to PayPal so this account can no longer be used for theft? Or does PayPal not care? It seems like the only way to report an account is if somebody is using mine without me knowing or trying to impersonate paypal iteself...

Frustrated, Ryan

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @kelbeyr and @kernowlass

Welcome back to the Community! 

Thanks for posting that great information about Zelle®, @kernowlass! @kelbeyr, I understand you'd like to report the fraudulent seller to PayPal as well. I'm sorry to hear about what happened that's caused the need for your report. Please gather any details you can regarding the seller, such as your previous transaction ID with them, an email if you have it, and then a brief summary of what happened. Once you have that, you can submit a violation of our Acceptable Use Policy on our website here: Report a Violation. For more details about what can be reported, I suggest reviewing this Help Center article: What is PayPal’s Acceptable Use Policy and where can I find it?

Have a wonderful rest of your weekend! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kelbeyr 

https://www.zellepay.com/faq/im-unsure-about-using-zelle-pay-someone-i-dont-know-what-should-i-do

Zelle® is a great way to send money to friends, family or others you trust such as your personal trainer, babysitter, or a neighbor. If you don’t know the person or aren’t sure you will get what you paid for (for example, items bought from an on-line bidding or sales site), we recommend you do not use Zelle® for these types of transactions, which are potentially high risk.

Zelle® does not offer a protection program for any authorized payments made with Zelle® - for example, if you make a purchase using Zelle®, but you do not receive the item or the item is not as described or as you expected.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kelbeyr
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the response, but my question is regarding PayPal not Zelle. I already reported them to Zelle. I also have created a police report. I just want PayPal to get rid of this account so they can't scam other people with it, not that they wouldn't be able to create a new account, but at least makes them work for it I guess
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @kelbeyr and @kernowlass

Welcome back to the Community! 

Thanks for posting that great information about Zelle®, @kernowlass! @kelbeyr, I understand you'd like to report the fraudulent seller to PayPal as well. I'm sorry to hear about what happened that's caused the need for your report. Please gather any details you can regarding the seller, such as your previous transaction ID with them, an email if you have it, and then a brief summary of what happened. Once you have that, you can submit a violation of our Acceptable Use Policy on our website here: Report a Violation. For more details about what can be reported, I suggest reviewing this Help Center article: What is PayPal’s Acceptable Use Policy and where can I find it?

Have a wonderful rest of your weekend! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.