How do I report a Scammer

Camilla231
Contributor
Contributor
I got scammed. How do I report this person?
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Camilla231 

That would depend on how you were scammed / transaction type / funding source / etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Camilla231
Contributor
Contributor
I bought goods and the person never posted them. She became rude when questioned. She deleted her account on Facebook
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Camilla231 

Then as long as you did NOT use the friends/family option but used the goods/services option you should have buyer protection.

So click on the transaction in your paypal account and using the resolve a problem link bottom of that details page open a dispute for non receipt of item and escalate to a claim when you get that option.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Camilla231
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for all your advice. Unfortunately I’ve been an idiot and used friends and family. Won’t make that mistake again.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Camilla231 

If you funded your paypal f/f payment via a card then you could try your card issuer and see if they will chargeback for you.

They don't always as f/f payments are 'gift' payments but worth asking.

Secondly if you know her real name etc you could do some research and see if you can track her down and file a small claims action but that only works if they are in the same country as you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Camilla231
Contributor
Contributor
Unfortunately I didn’t use a card. I think I need to take this on the chin and hopefully learn from mistakes. She has a new account and suddenly she is Algerian not from London. Hey we live and learn. Not going to allow her there take up any more head space. Thanks a million for your kind support.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.