How do I remove Unauthorized Charges from an authorized vendor?

er1nh
Contributor
Contributor

I authorized Uber to use Paypal to pay for rides and uber eats. But this week a charge showed up for something from Uber that I did not do. It doesn't show that it's a 'ride' or 'food'. It just says services. It's for $24.99 - I definitely did NOT do anything or authorize anything out of the blue and on that date. So I opened a dispute. Paypal closed it and refuses to refund the unauthorized charge simply because I had chosen paypal to pay for (AUTHORIZED) activities through Uber. How can they close it and refuse a refund for something I did not do or authorize!? How do you fix this? How can you trust Paypal to use for payments with services like these if they won't protect you from false charges? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Craig

Hi @er1nh

Welcome to the Community! 

You're not liable for unauthorised purchases made from your account once we can find sufficient evidence your account was compromised. 

Please get in touch with us directly so we can look into this for you and see what options you have available. 

You can find our contact information here,

Hopefully, this helps. 

PayPal_Craig

Login to Me Too

er1nh
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for replying. However, I did go through all the right steps and PP sent me a message only hours after I sent the notice of the unauthorized charge and they said they found the charge was ok and they did not refund it even though it was in no way something I had authorized. This is very frustrating and scary for me. Now I'm thinking if I can be charged fraudulently and PP will side with the fraud charge, what else can I do? Is there anything else that can be done to make it right and protect my account? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hello @er1nh,

Usually with these kind of claims we would do a full review on your account to check any unusual activity and logins at the time the payments were made. It sounds like as we could not find any unauthorised activity on your account, we were unable to file in your favour. I would advise you to make sure you have changed your password & security questions on PayPal and ran a full scan for viruses on any device you currently use to ensure your account is secure.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.