How do I lock my account? Someone just hacked into it for the 2nd time in 48 hrs.

unikorngrrl
Contributor
Contributor

I need to lock my account down

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Frankzapp
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same question. Just got hacked this morning. Funny thing is it appears to be from my phone while i was sleeping. Did you change your password? Also remove the sites privileges like automatic log ins. And remove all cards. 

Login to Me Too

unikorngrrl
Contributor
Contributor

YES!  They actually ported my phone number to their phone twice yesterday, changed passwords for my Paypal accounts and bank accounts, moved money from my savings to checking so they could send that to themselves too.  I've cancelled all cards and closed my bank accounts, but I just got a password change notification and address change notification a few minutes ago.  Signed in to see if it was real, and it was.  I had to turn off 2-step verification b/c they set up their own authenticator app apparently.  I created my own this time but something has to give.  I spent 12 hours yesterday and 7 hours today dealing with this mess, and it's nowhere near finished.  I have to open new personal and charity accounts, get all new cards, and so much more...I still don't have all of my money back, Cash App is giving me grief like I'm lying so that's fun.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.