How do I get a refund for a fraud seller on Etsy when I used pay in 4?

TheTeddyBare
New Community Member

Hello, last month I used pay in 4 to purchase a 40 inch neon sign from Etsy. I was excited to receive it when I received a small envelope instead. Inside the envelope was a long piece of rubber and a piece of broken glass. I paid over $300 for it and the last payment is coming up. When I tried to contact the seller their store is closed. This is fraud and Etsy said I had to get a refund from Paypal and when I try I can't seem to get anything through. Can anyone help?

01.jpg02.jpg

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TheTeddyBare 

These scam sellers are the evil scourge! Omg! They’re like spam, can’t ever get rid of them!

Gather your evidence, connect the dots. Get close up pics of the tracking number and pdf of the tracking number reflected in the PayPal transaction details and order details from Etsy or all the email receipts that show what you ordered. The evidence has to be undeniable, irrefutable, iron clad. 

Then, How do I open a dispute with a seller?

Open dispute “Significantly as not as described”. Or The product or service is not as described” and escalate to a claim asap.

***Do NOT open as “item not received” dispute.****

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

If PayPal rules against you, you may appeal, if that fails, open credit card chargeback if that’s how you paid.

We have to be extremely careful who we buy from. Do a web search on the domain name, for any scam reports. Have to do our DD (due diligence). PayPal is a payment processor, they don’t carry the inventory of every seller.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

DAB4

same thing happened to me and nothing went through.  I opened the online chat and was able to file dispute with seller that way

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.