How do I file a complaint against PayPal and it's agents?

temp20220424ab
New Community Member

I have never been so disgusted with the treatment and handling of a dispute I filed, including having the dispute put under a co-workers name even though I have the receipt to show I sent it. PayPal has been no help and every agent I speak to is either rude or disrespectful. I even had a "Manager" pretty much tell me to **bleep** off. They are allowing customers to get ripped off and are doing nothing to stop it. PayPal used to be a respectable company, but it is awful now. How do I file a complaint against them and get a US speaking representative without an attitude to assist me? I feel helpless. Is there a corporate number? 

Login to Me Too
59 REPLIES 59

jdizo

Yeah it's absolutely awful. I tried to pay through their "pay in 4" and it was posted as pending and best buy couldn't process the payment so I just said **bleep** it and went to best buy and REBOUGHT the item and the pay in 4 still took it's first payment out of my bank account. I contacted support and they said I have to talk to my bank to void the payment (Which makes absolutely NO sense) and then paypal told me after badgering them that once I cancelled my original order at best buy they could refund it to me. And I did then they said I have to wait till the merchant logs into their paypal and they cancel it. IM NOT SURE BEST BUY has their own paypal account they can log into. And after yelling at them they said they would transfer me to their "Supervisor" and that was 4 hours ago. They are absolutely atrocious. And I still was charged for my first payment. 

Login to Me Too

Turiya62
New Community Member

I'm here now, having dedicated a block of time on my day off to research this topic for a reason.  Imagine being so horrible to your customers that your customers make it a priority to research how to get a complaint in?

I've had it with PayPal.  More than once they've locked up my account, refused to work with me, and (this last time) refused to protect me from a scammer who continues taking money through After Pay.  I've opened the same case 4 times and they close it out each time unresolved because, since they refuse to be accessible for an actual conversation, they simply look to see if they're losing anything.  

I've spent ungodly amounts of time looking around the labyrinth of their website for "file a complaint" but that's just spinning wheels.  Clearly they're not interested in hearing complaints or appeals.  I've tried closing my account but they refuse to let me close out since there's still payments pending.  When I explain to them that these are payments to a scam site, they tell me they'll "escalate" it, only to close the case out without a conversation.  No sir, I'm going after PayPal now.  At the minimum a report to the BBB. 

Login to Me Too

Riel07

I bought stuff in this fake company who originally claimed that they are partnered with a legit game company but then due to the Malicious virus that keeps on popping up on the game they offered, I realized that the partnership wasn't true at all. Now I'm trying to file for a dispute since it's just weeks since the transaction and they are even siding with the frauds. Is there any way to file against them to the higher authority?

Login to Me Too

qp01
Contributor
Contributor

Consider these two payment pages. One of them says ([Agree & Subscribe]), the other says ([Agree & Continue]*You'll be able to review your order before you complete your purchase.)
The difference is clear, right? Wrong! The Agree & Continue button is misleading and wrong, they never give you a review page and straight away take your money. I never wanted to finish the subscription, I was just looking at my options and they charged me 3 times!

It's been 3 weeks already, we exchange 2 emails a day and they still refuse to take responsibility. This is disgusting. I hate this company and I will never use their services in the future.

paypal 19-en-disposed.jpgpaypal 19-en-subscribe.jpg

continue here https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-Limitations/PayPal-refuses-to-take-responsibility-f...

Login to Me Too

Loey-May
Contributor
Contributor
I posted here early last year with similar complaints to everyone else & still had many complaints to make, & had almost given up hope of winning any of them. However l gave it a try putting in 11 complaints over the next 3 or 4 weeks. Unfortunately time had run out on some scammers l would have loved to catch. I have to say that l did surprisingly well, winning 8 of my cases. There were 3 not received, 2 that were quite different & 1 where a doll selling normally for over $90 was on Special at $10. I knew the saying if something looks too good to be true then it probably is. So l bought it with thoughts of checking postage before l signed it through PayPal. First l was told seller had not yet given that information so l left it temporarily to put the kettle on & came back to find it paid with postage of over $82 bringing it up to the original selling price. I tried to cancel the sale but was told it had been shipped, which was ridiculous as it was less than 5 minutes since l bought it. I told them l didn't want it & would return it & told PayPal as well but neither PP nor the seller would give me the address. So l still have the doll unopened but l also have a credit of USD92 on my card as well as all the others l have listed. I might add that l refused to send photos telling them l was in my 80s & just not able to do anything technical. I only wished l had started putting in complaints 12 months earlier as so often packages either did not come or were completely different. I probably lost over $100. So although it is a nuisance, l will continue to complain as l always refused to buy from anyone who didn't use PP. Once it is all cleared l think l will only buy on ebay or use the local markets now on the net where we pay in person.
Login to Me Too

besinaabaja
I regret i used paypal This is the worse service ever - paypal keep my money for 180 days for no reason .the 180 days passed last month they still keep my money that fraud - I wrote them they never reply
Login to Me Too

SCormier488
Contributor
Contributor
I was 🚫 for no reason. Paypal has stolen my money won't give it to me . Contacted bbb and they were no help. Paypal is a scam company and I will be filing legal action to have themselves down for good.
Login to Me Too

gwc_uncc

Yes, I am curious who we could report them to in order to get our money out of our account if they don't resolve this asap. 

We have been back and forth for about a month now and just keep getting the same steps to complete that are never accepted.. We need to transfer our money out of our account. 

Login to Me Too

hammered58
Contributor
Contributor

happened to me also, paypal gave the sender my wrong address to return my disputed case product back to me and will do nothing to correct it, everytime i call they just say they have to find a way to correct this,,  yes correct it by returning my 343.00 that I repaid to the sender, only this time  have it come out of paypals pocket as they supplied the wrong addess to the sender and I have the email to prove it. I have screamed at them over the phone and they DO NOTHING!!!

Login to Me Too

ttrelva
Same here! The seller gave me and PayPal a bogus tracking number, I complained to the police and DHL sent me proof that the tracking is fake . I sent everything to PayPal and still they refused to refund me! PayPal is not protecting the buyers. Will not use PayPal anymore
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.