How do I file a complaint against PayPal and it's agents?

temp20220424ab
New Community Member

I have never been so disgusted with the treatment and handling of a dispute I filed, including having the dispute put under a co-workers name even though I have the receipt to show I sent it. PayPal has been no help and every agent I speak to is either rude or disrespectful. I even had a "Manager" pretty much tell me to **bleep** off. They are allowing customers to get ripped off and are doing nothing to stop it. PayPal used to be a respectable company, but it is awful now. How do I file a complaint against them and get a US speaking representative without an attitude to assist me? I feel helpless. Is there a corporate number? 

Login to Me Too
59 REPLIES 59

Louie13
Contributor
Contributor

I have never experienced such awful customer service. I was scammed  and never received my order. Plus the seller used another tracking number from an order that was delivered a week before this order. I tried calling PayPal, messaging, sending proof, with no help. They denied my dispute so I filed one with the PayPal credit bank. The agency said they would give me as credit, but I don't trust a thing related to PayPal. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Login to Me Too

ilyarfc
Contributor
Contributor

You need to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).  

The same thing happened to us that most people have been complaining about on the community site.  PayPal is not protecting buyers from scammers in China.  We lost $200 after being told by PayPal we would be refunded after receiving a $19 Game Handle, when we paid for a $200 Nintendo Switch from a company in China.  We sent the item back to China, have proof of mailing, sent PayPal everything they requested, and they closed our file and are refusing to address this problem.

We have now filed a complaint against PayPal for fraud with both the FTC as well as the BBB.

Login to Me Too

thinder
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks! I will!

Login to Me Too

rontis
I'm experiencing the same. My issue has been dragged for weeks now. I've been passed down to many agents and answered repeating questions over and over, it's like nobody is really reading my report. Money disappeared, just like that. Utterly disappointed.
Login to Me Too

slacker_011
Contributor
Contributor

Report it to the police and file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

PayPal has no accountability, or pretends it has none. There is no valid reason not to provide prompt service as a financial institution. If banks, credit cards, and eBay can all provide fast customer service during COVID, so can PayPal, which rakes in billions.

Make sure to Message Customer Service, not because they will do anything, but because you will want the paper trail when you open an investigation with your local police.

Yes, this is what PayPal has come to.

Login to Me Too

ajashbc
Contributor
Contributor

where i am police want even show up for nuisance in the neighborhood, station is closed for walk in , they have no time to file reports. any way the package I sent it was returned to me china refused to receive it  . and paypal care less about filing any kind of compliment with police or BBB or with trade commission . 

Login to Me Too

ilyarfc
Contributor
Contributor

Actually,  you need to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).  

The same thing happened to us that most people have been complaining about on the community site.  PayPal is not protecting buyers from scammers.  We lost $200 after being told by PayPal we would be refunded after receiving a $19 Game Handle, when we paid for a $200 Nintendo Switch from a company in China.  We sent the item back to China, have proof of mailing, sent PayPal everything they requested, and they closed our file and are refusing to address this problem.

We have now filed a complaint against PayPal for fraud with both the FTC as well as the BBB.  The more complaints about this issue that are filed, the more they would probably be willing to investigate them for fraud!!!

Login to Me Too

ajashbc
Contributor
Contributor

they care less , paypal if returns your money they have return their cut too, so why should they solve the case for your favor if they going to loose money?

paypal is worst online payment system for consumers , most sellers will not except any other payment method other then PayPal . there is a reason for it and that they will win every dispute  case it will come to them . this what I, have seen. 

now I, try to avoid Paypal as much as I, can but choices are limited .

Login to Me Too

zimtekcom
Contributor
Contributor

The real fraud is PayPal themselves.. 

I filed a Claim - as I did not receive a 30 pound tent I ordered.

PayPal reached out to the seller and he provided them with a bogus tracking number.

While the tracking number did relate to Seattle WA.

It in no way relates to me or the seller or the weight of the package expected.

I've worked with PayPal for a Month now and getting nowhere.

I have provided proof-positive in the form or an email from UPS Fraud Department stating that the order was not addressed to me.

I went so far as to go to Seattle UPS Customer Center (not a UPS store) where I've known the manager for 20+ years.

Another employee printed out a document that clearly shows the sender name and the recipient name and complete address of both (which are not mine).

Also printed a Second document which shows all the tracking details down to the exact delivery address (which is not mine - not to mention my 30 pound tent is only 0.9 pounds on this bogus tracking number.

Note: this is rock solid evidence that would be accepted in any court of law, and yet PayPal will not accept this evidence. 

PayPal is demanding I provide an "Intranet Form" from UPS.

But UPS has indicated there is no such form as Intranet Form. The only "form" they can provide does not show the delivery address only the Zip Code. 

I have already provided not only the Zip Code but the full delivery address and even the full name of the recipient and the sender.

But PayPal refuses to re-open my case.

Ridiculous company.. 

Working on a complaint with the Washington State Attorney General - because I'm sure I'm not alone.

PayPal advertises Consumer protection - and on this particular order advertized exactly that - that is my complaint with the AG. 

Once settled (one way or the other) I will close my account of just over 20 years, and fully migrate to Zelle (a reputable company - in that they clearly and honestly advertises no protections).

Login to Me Too

Jjs1-2
Contributor
Contributor
We should all contact our attorney General's office and file complaints against PayPal. How can we bring this to the attention of consumer agencies in our states, or tv stations to prevent more PayPal rip offs. I removed all money I had with PayPal as I no longer trust them, after seeing all of these complaints.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.