How do I file a complaint against PayPal and it's agents?

temp20220424ab
New Community Member

I have never been so disgusted with the treatment and handling of a dispute I filed, including having the dispute put under a co-workers name even though I have the receipt to show I sent it. PayPal has been no help and every agent I speak to is either rude or disrespectful. I even had a "Manager" pretty much tell me to **bleep** off. They are allowing customers to get ripped off and are doing nothing to stop it. PayPal used to be a respectable company, but it is awful now. How do I file a complaint against them and get a US speaking representative without an attitude to assist me? I feel helpless. Is there a corporate number? 

Login to Me Too
59 REPLIES 59

ilyarfc
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to us.  FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC).  This needs to STOP with PayPal.  They are scamming hundreds of people out of money and aren't protecting the buyers!!!

Login to Me Too

Loey-May
Contributor
Contributor

PICTURE OF PARCEL AT DOOR - Doesn't show what is in the parcel. I have received parcels containing items that I did not order. Some I cannot even recognize what they are or what they can be used for. The company as one name on the package, another name with Paypal & yet another name on their selling page so how can anyone put in a complaint as I buy frequently & don't know who this parcel is supposed to be from.  All these sellers wan is a delivery docket saying parcel delivered & it is all they need to convince Paypal. Also bought one item from seller who immediately offered 3 more different items one after the other & I said No to each. I also unticked the small print that said to send the same order every 30 days. So I was surprised to find 4 charges to my Visa from Paypal within a week & immediately contacted them.  The company did not have my Visa details so it had to go through Paypal who claimed I definitely made 2 purchases & ignored the extra 2 & closed the case. However I continued complaining to the company & threatened to plaster their name all over the media & to contact the press & radio.  They sent me refunds for all 4 purchases through Paypal who didn't bother to apologise. I might add that I have been with them since Day 1 & had made only one report in that time.

Login to Me Too

Johneo187

Paypal is a joke close case with letting you respond so you can't file another resolution. They are worse than the scammers they support.

Login to Me Too

Freezergal
Looks like this is happening over and over again. No matter what I send them, all the proof I have they still dropped the dispute. I'm sure it's because they know there is no way they can get their money back from the deceptive sellers. People need to drop this place. I sure am. It's no use if you cant feel secure using it.
Login to Me Too

Usonsabeaches
They must be in china with the BLM protesters. PayPal is worse than the seller trying to get a refund. Little do they know I'm bipolar and I'm on their **bleep** every single day,I make multiple messages. I warned them who I was.
Login to Me Too

temp20200630
New Community Member
first time and last time user I made the mistake of ordering something from a company I really used before they sent me a tracking number through PayPal the tracking number stated I received the item 10 days before I had ever actually ordered it I have not received any contact from the people I ordered the item from and the only response so far from PayPal has been that's weird. You yo you can't call them by their phone they don't Carly reply through emails and they drag the response out for over a month I advise nobody to ever use PayPal
Login to Me Too

PayPal_April

Hello @temp20200630

If you have additional information that we haven't reviewed or if there's been a mistake in the processing of the case please contact our Support team here: https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/contact-us.

-April

Login to Me Too

thinder
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_April ,

Ive had the same issue.  Scammed on a $60.00 toy.  I sent PayPal everything, pics of the website, ad, link to the ad, my invoice, pictures of the $8 tiny model airplane they actually sent. I even tried to send it back but the address was unusable.  Ive had three message strings with paypal and they never would answer any questions or requests (like can you get me an actual mailing address from the seller?) I ended up having to go through my credit card (who simply reversed the charge the same day). Meanwhile three weeks later paypal is still lumbering around not responding to questions.  SO PLEASE save the BS about "messaging us with more info" crap.  Ive been a member for 19 years, and paypal has become a scam.  Ive pulled all of my recurring business from them and now only no fee transactions will be allowed on my account.  NOW, how do we file a formal complaint? 

Login to Me Too

ilyarfc
Contributor
Contributor

You need to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).  The same thing happened to us that most people have been complaining about on the community site.  PayPal is not protecting buyers from scammers in China.  We lost $200 after being told by PayPal we would be refunded after receiving a $19 Game Handle, when we paid for a $200 Nintendo Switch from a company in China.  We sent the item back to China, have proof of mailing, sent PayPal everything they requested, and they closed our file and are refusing to address this problem.

We have now filed a complaint against PayPal for fraud with both the FTC as well as the BBB.

Login to Me Too

ajashbc
Contributor
Contributor

I been having same issues with PayPal, I filed dispute and returned the item uploaded the labeled and shipped the item  all as requested in resolution center , after 30 days they closed my case in favor of seller claiming I did not provide valid proof for return of the item .

I see that PayPal is no longer in support of consumers they seem they more representing the corporate sellers that have large account with them . 

however I do see multiple small charges that I cant recognize.

PayPal is untrustworthy I will close my account as soon as clear from all of and stop buying from eBay too.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.