How do I escalate a case that PayPal has deemed closed?

Mordie
Contributor
Contributor

Uber Eats billed me $8.42 without my knowledge, and only resolved to pay me back $0.01 after I disputed in on Pay Pal's resolution center, how do I escalate this? They took the money, and only now pay $0.01. Please assist me

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4

Mordie
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your response. However, the case is closed and there is no area to select to escalate the issue. I am failing to be able to escalate even after following all these instructions. It just says cased closed.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AdamC

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble in the PayPal Resolution Centre. It sounds like your dispute has been closed and you can't reopen it. 

When a dispute is closed, an email is sent to your inbox with reasoning why the dispute was closed. Generally, a dispute may close by itself if it hasn't been escalated to a claim within 20 days of the case being opened. Furthermore, the dispute would have been closed if the seller refunded the amount being disputed, but I doubt this is what's happened since you'd still like to escalate the dispute. 

I would advise to check in your emails from PayPal on the day it was closed, and also on the days leading up to the case closure to check for dispute closure warnings we would have sent you. 

I hope this helps.

PayPal_Adam
Login to Me Too

Mordie
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your informative response.

I received $0.01 from Uber eats instead of the full amount owed. The case is now deemed closed, yet I have not received my full amount. I hadn't ordered anything from Uber, yet they took the money, and I would really like to be refunded the full amount.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.