How do I claim money back that PayPal won't help with and the merchant refuses to refund me?

timtimmytimboy
New Community Member

Hello,

I need some advice.

I ordered some items from a merchant and used PayPal credit. Some of those items ended up on a backorder for a few weeks, so I cancelled the items with the merchant. I essentially received the non-backorder and cancelled the backorder. When I contacted them to cancel, the individual I spoke to via email took it upon his/herself to continue sending out items they had in stock (but claimed were on back order) (damaged boxes etc, by the way). They did cancel a few items, but alas, not everything - still trying to make money out of my order I guess. 

None of the items were personalised, they were 40,000k Warhammer figures new and boxed up.

They refunded me a portion for the two items cancelled, but since they done that Paypal won't touch my case and have rejected it every time. 

I have had to pay for shipping to send the items they sent of their own volition back to them, thank the lord I had it signed for.

I left a note with all my details in there and asked them to contact me. This was after a month of them ignoring (yes, ignoring) my messages and emails. Their contact number is out of service. 

Since, they've ignored me for another month. They finally replied stating that they would work with PayPal on the case to get me the refund for the items I returned - a few days ago, and they've ignored further messages and also have yet to action anything. Not to mention before sending me that email, the case was rejected by PayPal. 

I contacted citizens advice who has confirmed my first step should be an official complaint (my letter in the package and also emails sent were basically official complaints).

REALLY at a loss how to proceed as I can't physically turn up to the store to demand my money as its a very long drive from me and PayPal won't help me at all.

Only thing I can do is recall the funds I put into PayPal through my bank and only pay the portion that I actually owe PayPal, where the merchant should have refunded me a long time ago for items they possess and shouldn't have sent etc etc. Obviously though, that's my problem because it will be on my account, not the merchants. 

I can't believe this is being allowed to happen despite me having all the emails and threads and signature for the delivery etc etc. 

really need advice.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.