How dispute fraudulent alibaba charge for item allegedly sent to me

AccountHolder20
Contributor
Contributor

I have a charge that showed up on my paypal account for second hand ip 13 pro-max (3x) totalling $4,145.35 being shipped to my name and address. I never authorized the order and the seller is someone on Alipay with an Alibaba e-mail. Charge not on any credit card that I can see from my account.

I e-mailed the seller and Alipay US, Inc. that I never placed the order or authorized it and received no response. I reported it as fraud to paypal and within a day paypal determined the charge was not unauthorized. I presume this is because my name and address appear on the charge. I can only guess this is a new type of scam. I do not think I will be able to obtain an invoice or any documents on my own from seller. Suggestions?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

KenRM1
Contributor
Contributor

I also had this problem yesterday and posted a similar question in another thread.  3 transactions from a company in Germany called Funk GmbH.  I do not know what was ordered but the transactions were not authorized by me and PayPal denied my dispute.  

I've reached out to the company as well for help and to try and stop them from shipping any items.

I called PayPal and was able to appeal the denial, but I don't want to wait for another PayPal employee to deny the claim without looking closer at the facts of the case.  

Login to Me Too

AccountHolder20
Contributor
Contributor

I called Paypal and was able to speak to a customer representative that appealed the initial decision. Decision quickly reversed, hopefully the same for you. I believe they have blocked authorization for future purchases to AliBaba which I recommend.

Good luck, hope your situation resolves quickly.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.