How disorganized and incompetent can PayPal possibly be?

sorcerykid
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal must be one of the most fraudulent financial companies on the Internet.

As far back as April, a popular donation service associated with Twitch has been try to send me donation money through PayPal. I've received regular emails from PayPal notifying me that I have money waiting for me. Yet every time I clicked the button in the email to claim the money, it just took me too my dashboard and showed no transactions.

Finally after months of this happening, I checked all of my PayPal account settings and didn't see any problems at all. My email address was verified and my bank account was linked. So I tried to claim the money again, yet it still just took me straight to my dashboard. So I contacted customer support to find out why I can't seem to accept money.

I just got an email back from customer support telling me that the reason I can't accept money is because my account access is limited, and I would need to go to Account Limitations under the Resolution Center and complete all of the requirements listed.  Yet when I go to Account Limitations, I get the message "You can't use PayPal anymore".

I was never notified by email that my account was closed for violating the User Agreement. Nowhere in my dashboard does it even indicate that my account has been limited at all. Yet for months I've been getting emails from PayPal telling me that I have money waiting to claim, despite the fact my account is closed for violating the User Agreement. 

Not only that, but when I ask Customer Service why I can't claim the money they don't even tell me it's because my account has been closed for violating the User Agreement. Talk about the most extreme level of incompetence and disorganization.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sorcerykid
Contributor
Contributor

Does anybody have any answers to this? It's hard to believe that a major financial company that handles larges sums of consumer's money can possibly be this inept. And it doesn't even end there.

I contacted Customer Support to ask why I wasn't notified that my account was permanently closed. Their response? They told me

a) I should have received an email about the account closure (which I didn't) and

b) My account dashboard should show that my account is limited (which it doesn't).

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.