How can I transfer the account from one country to another?

ali-jasim
Contributor
Contributor
Hello I activated an account and didn't know I have to choose the country I live in. I chose the United States, but I live in the state of Oman, and my account has been restricted and I have a balance in the account that I cannot benefit from. What should I do? 😭😭
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ali-jasim 

Sadly you can't access funds from another countries paypal balance.

If you haven't been able to 'claim' the funds then hopefully they would bounce back to the senders paypal accounts after 30 days.

If you did claim the funds then try clicking on the transactions and using the 'refund' option to send the funds back again.

If that is not possible then the buyers would need to open a paypal dispute for non receipt of item which you do not challenge so that they get their money back. 

If they sent it as friends/family then the funds may be lost if you can't issue a refund, but if they funded their payments via a linked credit card then they may be able to see if their card issuer will chargeback for them.

Then they can then pay to a correct paypal account opened in your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.