How can I secure my account after an unauthorized transaction & subscription was made?

TheFrancoM
New Community Member

I just had to file my first unauthorized transaction report when I received a notification on my phone that both a purchase and a subscription were made using a foreign currency. This has never happened to me before and I thought I was fairly diligent in protecting my account. I have already changed the password as per PayPal's suggestion but I still feel worried this will happen again. Does anyone have tips on how I can further secure my account or even possibly freeze it until this dispute is resolved?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

TheFrancoM
New Community Member

To add to my post: The transaction was made using my credit card. Should I also go to my bank and report the transaction or let PayPal handle the request before doing so?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hello @TheFrancoM,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

It sounds like you have reported this payment so going forward keep an eye on your PayPal Resolution Centre and your emails for any updates from the relevant team. As you have already changed your password & security questions on PayPal you should also run a full scan for viruses on any device you currently use to ensure your account is kept secure.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.