How can I estimate case to a claim

Dramke
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, so I have been reading on forum about this and everyone keeps saying dont forget to escalate to a claim but after 10 days I dont see that option. Maybe that happened automatically as it says "we are reviewing your case and will let you know about our final decision". Am I missing something or is everything as it is supposed to be and now I just have to wait?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Dramke,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I understand your concern about the dispute and the escalate button not showing up on your end. Generally, if you’re unable to settle the dispute, you can escalate it to a claim. To escalate a dispute, we often require that at least 7 days have passed since the payment date. By escalating a dispute to a claim, you’re asking PayPal to investigate and decide the outcome. A dispute will automatically close after 20 days unless it’s been escalated through the Resolution Center. Since you have a prompt about the review still taking place on the case, I would recommend you wait and you will be notified of the outcome. If not, to be sure that you're case is not closed or to know the status and to know more information about the dispute, please contact our customer support through the available contact options on our website so that our advisors can help you accordingly. Here's the help center article to escalate the case to claim.

Best Wishes,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dramke 

Can't advise if you don't say which dispute type you opened??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dramke
Contributor
Contributor
I opened a dispute because i didnt recieve item "item not recieved"
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Dramke,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I understand your concern about the dispute and the escalate button not showing up on your end. Generally, if you’re unable to settle the dispute, you can escalate it to a claim. To escalate a dispute, we often require that at least 7 days have passed since the payment date. By escalating a dispute to a claim, you’re asking PayPal to investigate and decide the outcome. A dispute will automatically close after 20 days unless it’s been escalated through the Resolution Center. Since you have a prompt about the review still taking place on the case, I would recommend you wait and you will be notified of the outcome. If not, to be sure that you're case is not closed or to know the status and to know more information about the dispute, please contact our customer support through the available contact options on our website so that our advisors can help you accordingly. Here's the help center article to escalate the case to claim.

Best Wishes,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.