How can I appeal to Paypal ruling?

veronique21
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered an All Clad 8 quart pot for $69.97 with Henla store (Nguyen <removed>=fund receiver) on August 23, 2021 at 12:36 am Central Time. On Tuesday August 24, 2021 I received a FedEx notification of delivery at 3:57 pm. Paypal released the fund but to this day I have NEVER EVER received this item. I checked in Paypal my account and the shipping details showed delivery date was August 27, 2021. You see the discrepancy of what I had and what was reported to Paypal to get the fund released. Something was very fishy about this seller so I went on to search for reviews and only to learn that Henla store is no doubt a fraud. Many people posted that they never received their merchandise with this seller. Yet Paypal denied my case with reason that the delivery was made base on the seller information. There is no “Buyer Protection” here. I’m on my own and trying to reach out to anyone who can help with ideas of what to do.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@veronique21 

Nope the seller would be unresponsive I guess, my advice was to phone customer services before you go back down the chargeback route as sometimes they refund you without proof when they realise its a scam fake tracking seller.

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@veronique21 

Paypal is just a payment processor that gives you 'some' buyer and 'some' seller protection.
So disputes for non receipt of item are mostly automated. Seller provides tracking that shows delivery = seller wins.
So then its your turn to do some work to assist Paypal in recovering your purchase price from your seller.

Firstly ring Paypal customer services and tell them that the number is fake or that the item was shown as shipped before you purchased it. With that information they may well just issue you a refund.

Secondly if they don't then... APPEAL
To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address. THEY DON'T HAVE TO SAY WHICH ADDRESS IT WAS SENT TO, JUST THAT IT WAS NOT DELIVERED TO YOUR ADDRESS.

Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click contact at the bottom of the page, or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your Paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

veronique21
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks kernowlass for your thoughts and advice. I will definitely reach out to my bank to see if they will do a chargeback for me. As far as reaching out to the seller I haven’t had much luck because I tried to email them but message was not able to deliver due to technical problem details as the recipient server did not accept our request to connect. the attempt to re send email for four days but to no avail to this date.

If you have any more thoughts on this topic I would appreciate it very much.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@veronique21 

Nope the seller would be unresponsive I guess, my advice was to phone customer services before you go back down the chargeback route as sometimes they refund you without proof when they realise its a scam fake tracking seller.

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

veronique21
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much for your advice. I received a refund from Paypal today on this case. Hopefully, no one else falls for anymore scams from this seller.

Kind Regards, 

Veronique Van Tho

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.