Hong Kong Mandan Trading Limited

Jryd-1965
New Community Member

Is Hong Kong Mandan Trading Limited a reputable place to purchase US postage stamp?

Login to Me Too
72 REPLIES 72

ColleenV9
Contributor
Contributor

The name of the merchant on my receipt is Hong Kong Manfan Trading Limited. Change a letter, keep the scam? 
Re. Dispute: I started out by using the PP online message, got back a message it is a legit business. Really? No, the USPS is not selling stamps through a Hong Kong Company.

I’ve started an online dispute. And then I called PP. 

PP says that the merchant must reply by 12/12. If there is no reply, a refund will be issued on 12/12. Once PP tags a company, it’s recorded and PP will not continue to allow them to use the site. (Unless they change one letter in their name).

Yeah, it was a sinking feeling to see the ad, complete with actual postage stamps and official logos and then see that the payment went to Hong Kong. Feeling stupid! 

Login to Me Too

Gldnlvr
Contributor
Contributor

I agree 100% with everything you said in your reply.  I wish there was a better screening process through PayPal 

to block scammers.  Had I known I was buying from overseas I NEVER would have gone through with this.  Too

many scams come from there.  I'm praying myself and everyone who fell for this postage stamp scam will get

their money back.  What a world we live in.

Login to Me Too

jw5805
Contributor
Contributor

Did the same thing.  Don't feel stupid.  It was very real looking.  Paypal denied my initial complaint and said to write to the company which I have done but no reply.  I also called my bank and launched an investigation on their end.  Regardless of the outcome, I will be extra vigilant from now on.  Sorry it happened to you too.

Login to Me Too

JEPPB

Hi

I ordered from Canada, 1 roll of 100 definitive P stamps. That date was the 26th of November 2021. They arrived on the 16th of January 2022. They are fake stamps. Easy to confirm if you know what to look for. This company should face criminal investigation.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Marina

Hi @JEPPB,

Thank you for posting your experience in the Community. I'm sorry to hear that you received fake stamps in the mail! I'd recommend filing a dispute through the Resolution Center to have this issue further investigated.

I hope this is resolved for you quickly!

- Marina

Login to Me Too

Gldnlvr
Contributor
Contributor

I just spoke with a PayPal representative.  He agreed this is most likely a scam.  A company in Hong Kong is saying they will sell you discounted USA postage stamps and ship them from Hong Kong for less than you can buy them in the USA??  Everyone that took the bait as I did,  did so because everything about the advertisement looked like it was a Black Friday sale backed by the US Postal Service.  I opened a dispute case two days ago via the PayPal website and tonight I called PayPal to get the case escalated.  The PayPal representative I spoke with told me that if there is no response back from Hong Kong Mandan Trading by December 12, my money will be refunded.  

If you believe you have been duped, as I and many others believe we have been, I suggest doing the same.  Start with filing your case on the PayPal website.  Best of luck.  I hope everyone gets a positive resolution to this scam.

Login to Me Too

jw5805
Contributor
Contributor

I hope this goes to all of the people posting about this.  I received an email from Hong Kong Manfan saying that they were refunding my money.  Then I received an email from Paypal saying it was being refunded.  I looked at my account and Voila my money had been credited.  Still hard to believe it's a legit company but...........I got my money back!

Login to Me Too

Gldnlvr
Contributor
Contributor
Wow! That's great news! Maybe there's hope after all!
Login to Me Too

Dashman1
Contributor
Contributor
The plot thickens. Just received an emailing saying my item shipped and a tracking number. Despite a message being sent BEFORE it shipped to cancel the order. Tracking number does go to USPS website which says label created. I went to the USPS website independently entered the number and same message. If I don't get my money refunded as requested, if/when I receive the stamps, I don't plan on using them. Will report the item as being counterfeit. Zero reason to believe they are not.
Login to Me Too

jkonrade

I fell for this scam and it took me almost a week to finally get wise and contact my credit card company.  My credit card company looking into it and said they will be taking the charge off of my bill and is going to send something to the merchant.  I guess I will wait and see if I get my "stamps", but I am not too hopeful.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.