Hong Kong Mandan Trading Limited

Jryd-1965
New Community Member

Is Hong Kong Mandan Trading Limited a reputable place to purchase US postage stamp?

Login to Me Too
72 REPLIES 72

lsft
Contributor
Contributor

This morning I did receive a refund from them.

Untitled-1.jpg

I did not submit a dispute with PP.  I just contacted them and asked for a refund and got an email saying that I would get my refund within 5-8 business days and I got the refund within that time frame.  Good luck everybody!

Login to Me Too

NBly
New Community Member
Still awaiting v my refund. Same story. Duped by fraud Black Friday ad/page on FB (now disappeared). I thought Louis DeJoy was trying to do something good for Americans and the USPO. Immediately—within minutes—upon seeing PayPal transaction info being in China, I attempted to cancel order by contacting email address on PP, also contacted PP and started a claim. Also reported to USPS for mail fraud and reported fraud to FTC. The FraudCo claimed they would issue refund. Nothing yet. Escalated with PP, which says a decision by 18 Dec. if all else fails, I’ll dispute the charge at CC company and let them fight with PP.
Login to Me Too

Dashman1
Contributor
Contributor

Estimated date of resolution by PP 12/21.  Not sure why they need so long given the number of complaints they have received.  I have not contacted my credit card yet because I am hoping PP does the right thing, but I will if it doesn't resolve in my favor. It's bad enough that PP and my husband know I was taken, really don't want to have to explain to the credit card company as well.

Login to Me Too

Gldnlvr
Contributor
Contributor
Dashman1, I called my CC company the other day and yes, I shamefully explained what I did. I was told by them, since I already opened a case with PP, I need to let PP handle it first. If I open a case with my CC company now, it will cancel my claim with PP. So I'm hoping PP comes through. I did get an email this AM from PP telling me they were notified by HKMTL that the stamps were shipped (even though on 12/1 I had emailed HKMTL to cancel my order!!!) In any case, I am giving HKMTL until 12/12 to have the stamps at my doorstep. If they are not, I am requesting PP refund me. IF they do show up and the USPS tells me they are fake, for SURE I better be getting a refund!
Login to Me Too

Dashman1
Contributor
Contributor
PP keeps changing the date of resolution. It is now December 24th! WTF? How much more time do they need to realize the seller is a scam artist???
Login to Me Too

Gldnlvr
Contributor
Contributor
Dashman1; I spoke with PayPal this evening and basically I was told I have to wait it out since the stamps were shipped (even though I cancelled my order on December 1 and Hong Kong never cancelled the order!!) I was told by PayPal they are monitoring my case and if the stamps are counterfeit, PayPal will refund my money. What a mess. I am not happy 😡
Login to Me Too

Dashman1
Contributor
Contributor
Guessing your email requesting a refund before they shipped it went into a spam folder too, huh?
Login to Me Too

kokopelli2
Contributor
Contributor

My common sense Is telling me this is a scam. I ordered stamps and received an email the order was being shipped. Three weeks later, not having received the order or anyway for me to track shipping, I discover when checking the order on PP that Hong Kong Manfan Trading Limited is not a U.S. based company. 

It’s highly unlikely they’re selling postage stamps for the U.S. Post Office, unless what they ship is counterfeit.

When placing my order I was expecting I was placing an order with the U.S. Post Office. I sure was duped. I’ve opened a dispute with PP. It’s my hope they’ll flag transactions with this company and will not process them, as they are fraudulent. It’ll save others the headache of trying to be reimbursed after being scammed. 

Login to Me Too

evertdo
New Community Member

I was concerned when I saw the payee was in Hong Kong,  but just got my stamps today and they seem legit.  Other sellers have them listed on Amazon and Ebay, they're 2019 Forever stamps.  Will update if they turn out to be fake, but they look ok.  

Login to Me Too

Dashman1
Contributor
Contributor
Mine arrived today. I plan on going to the Post Office this week or next to see if their legit.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.