Hoka scam?

Sbknowles
New Community Member

I ordered a pair of shoes online from a Hoka website. I used PayPal and I got a pay pal receipt but it was to a random name. I logged into pay pal but there’s no record of the transaction. But there was a charge on my credit card from PayPal. How could this have happened?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hi there @Sbknowles

Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! 

If you logged into your PayPal account while making this transaction, this transaction should be listed within your Activity section. From here, you should then see the option to open up a case, see: How do I open a dispute with a seller? (paypal.com) 

If you checked out as a guest, you can contact us directly to have a case opened up for you! 

To contact our Customer Service team, click 'Help' or 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal Webpage. 

You can also contact us via Facebook PM's or Twitter DM's. 
For Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal 
For Twitter: @AskPayPal

I hope this helps, have a nice day! 

Rebecca 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

BobH5
Contributor
Contributor

On July 2 I ordered shoes from what I thought was a Hoka website offering 50% discounts. I declined to use PayPal and entered a visa card number. I’ve been received a receipt from PayPal with the name Donald [removed]’ as the seller. I then double checked the website and noted that it was close but one character off from an official Hoka site. Believing that this was a scam, I contacted my bank and after much discussion wound up having the bank dispute the charge and open a fraud case. I’ve been received a false notice of delivery of the shoes, which I have never received, and I received a notice from PayPal that my account has been restricted for behavior damaging to PayPal! I am now unable to get any information from PayPal, and I do not know the status of the fraud claim and I have not heard anything back from the alleged vendor.

Login to Me Too

rbt4

I had similar experience with Paypal *Joann and Hoka shoes. Fraudulent sale. Credit card fraud. Hope they catch them.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hi there @Sbknowles

Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! 

If you logged into your PayPal account while making this transaction, this transaction should be listed within your Activity section. From here, you should then see the option to open up a case, see: How do I open a dispute with a seller? (paypal.com) 

If you checked out as a guest, you can contact us directly to have a case opened up for you! 

To contact our Customer Service team, click 'Help' or 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal Webpage. 

You can also contact us via Facebook PM's or Twitter DM's. 
For Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal 
For Twitter: @AskPayPal

I hope this helps, have a nice day! 

Rebecca 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

AMICU9

With so many complaints, why doesn't PAYPAL automatically reject transactions related to this website/seller? https://markgerard.top/   I purchased Hoka shoes and never received the shoes. They even included a tracking number. 

Login to Me Too

macoestrella
Contributor
Contributor
Were you able to receive your shoes?
Login to Me Too

btc1951
New Community Member

Apparently I have had the same thing happen recently. I purchase a 2 for 1 Hoka shoe sale from what looked like a legit website and paid with a credit card. The receipt showed up as a paypal with someone's name (appeared to be Asian). After a few weeks, and several emails on my part, I finally received a tracking number. I tracked it daily and then I was out of town for a week. When I returned I tracked it again and it said the package was delivered. I had neighbors watching my porch for deliveries and one of them would have seen it if it was delivered, so I am certain it was not delivered. I feel certain I have been scammed! I also feel certain I'll never see that money again. 

Login to Me Too

Fenway67
Contributor
Contributor

I fell for this as well and had the exact same experience. Legit looking USPS tracking info that really only says that a package was delivered to my zip code. Doesn't say anything about my address.  PayPal sided with the seller and I'm out $100.  Paypal sucks, they are siding with a fraudster over a paying customer. 

Login to Me Too

MRWAYNE69
Contributor
Contributor
My wife did the exact same thing last week. 2 for 1 Hoka's for $80! She should have seen that coming being the one pair cost like $150! Fortunately it's only $80. However, I have reported it to my bank. We shall see what happens!
Login to Me Too

Fenway67
Contributor
Contributor
I was able to show PayPal that the tracking information the fraudulent company provided was a scam. I went to the post office and they can verify the tracking information and the address and the package was not delivered to my house. Just an address in my zip code. The post office gave me a letter saying this, and I reopened the case with PayPal and they refunded my money right away.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.